using ccleaner on external hard drive

lnjr

I was wondering if I can use ccleaner to wipe the free space on an external hard drive. I went to the setting section and selected the external hard drive that I wanted to wipe and removed the check mark from the hard drive that is on my pc but when I started cleaner it is doing drive c instead of the external hard drive.

Am I doing something incorrectly or won't ccleaner wipe the hard drive space on an external hard drive.

Thanks so Very Much

• Moderators

Hi Injr, and welcome to Piriform.

You probably haven't checked the "Wipe Fee Space" box in "Windows\Advanced", which is a double check to make sure folk don't run that feature accidentally.

The cleaning of your C: drive is normal if you haven't unchecked everything else before running "Wipe Free Space". The normal cleaning process runs first on the System Drive (C:), and then "Wipe Free Space" runs on the selected drive.

Hope that helps.

You probably haven't checked the "Wipe Fee Space" box in "Windows\Advanced", which is a double check to make sure folk don't run that feature accidentally.

You can also just right click the "Wipe Free Space" option and click Clean to start it on it's own. You don't have to tick the box either.