cats

Natasha Steele

Cats.

Cats are more personable.

Cats are funny, sweet, & mischievous little devils.

Cats don't take up as much space, very dignified, full of grace.

Cats don't eat much, or make a big fuss.

Wouldn't you rather wake up to a sweet soft meoooowwww?

Than to hear a big RUFF RUFF!!!!

hahahaha

* Bonus -> Cats eat mice. Dogs are cute, but are never this nice!

I don't like cats that much my grandma use to have one when she was still alive.

They meow and bother the owner for the main purpose of getting fed.

Even when stuffed they still go off up the garden and kill the wildlife.

They don't fetch stick, slippers or bring the morning paper unlike dogs.

Cats maybe self sufficient but you can't beat a dog for friendship and loyalty.

Richard S.

• Moderators

Cats are funny, sweet, & mischievous little devils.

We had a cat that lived for about twelve years up to the year 2005 that was exactly as you explain. I didn't trust it though as it could be nice and purring one moment, and then in an instance go completely mental and attack.

We had a cat that lived for about twelve years up to the year 2005 that was exactly as you explain. I didn't trust it though as it could be nice and purring one moment, and then in an instance go completely mental and attack.

I'll just take a cat, & we'll leave it at that! :P

Cats, dogs, skunks, baby bald eagles, ferrets, fennec foxes, bats, frogs, chipmunks, flies, it doesn't matter. As long as they don't "infest" (take over) my domicile I love them all.

I believe I'm actually one of the people who loves animals more than PETA. (And that's not much of a stretch.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not to practice the forbidden art of threadcromancy, but I just took this picture of my cat

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14823386/Moose/DSC_0001.JPG

For some reason, I feel like it is just really.. . awesome. I think it's because he's not looking at the camera :lol:

You must know you have a problem when even your cat tells you your breathe stinks :wacko:

Cats, because they're more feral in nature. I like gaining the trust of feral animals. It's a self-learned disciplined challenge that I thoroughly enjoy.

If I can gain the trust of a bird, squirrel, skunk, chipmunk or even a field mouse, it brings me more joy than the dotings of a loving dog, although I also love that too for it's own reasons. But gaining the trust of a wild animal is an altogether different experience. (No, I'm not gonna go hug a polar bear.)

Hi Folks,

Just relaxing for a moment. Been hectic. Can you imagine this planet without animals, occupied only by homo sapiens. Speaking of which, one of mine, kitty, thinks he can type. Have a good one.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

hard... cats can have very own personality. There are cats you can get along with good, and there are arse personality cats. While personal I prefer dogs^^ Beneath loyalty they always cheer you up, its always nice to know a dogs waiting for your visit^^ Also you can teach them so much its awesome :) Also if you are beneath regular walk ever in for training(running), your dog will love it and gladly accompany you^^ Well of course dogs have theyre own personality to. but how to say... cats tend to be unpredictable, whilst when you know your dog, you know his behaviour and there are no real surprises. Also sneakiness^^ Cats can be very sneaky and backstabbing, while dogs rather dont tend to do so.

If I ever get a pet mine is going to be a dog.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a cat lover . They are such beautiful creatures and so lovable. I like dogs as long as I don't have to contend with them. I have a Siamese mix named BO who is 7 years old

Bo calls me his human pet as he allows me to live with him.

He doesn't like most people and I can't understand this as I have raised him from a six week old kitten. My Bokat hisses and spits at people he hs known all his life. I have never had a cat like this before , but I love him dearly and he loves me. Right now he is laying on my computer desk watching the screen as I type this post lol.

Dennis, just wondering.

Have you tried deleting the old name/password in Firefox since they changed over, then re-entering the information when it comes up?

You may want to be sure that you go to saved passwords/show passwords first, and write everything down before you begin so you have it like you want.

After you are sure that you have your name & password correctly written down, delete the forum.piriform entry, then go back to the forum page again & when it prompts you for the name & password, enter it & let Firefox save it.

Normally, firefox is good at things like this, but when the forum changed, it still used the same domain name, but just a different page on the same domain name, which threw Firefox off.

This caused Firefox to correctly see that the domain name is the same, but it did not see that there was a new page popup, so Firefox ended up keeping the old password without a prompt to update it. This also causes firefox not to prompt you to save it automatically when you re-entered your information, since it still remembers your old password & is of course, waiting for you to open the old page (which is no longer there).

I am sure that you will find that deleting the old entry will cause Firefox to allow you to re-enter the details when you re-visit the forum, & this time, it will ask you to save. Click yes, & you should be good to go again.

Stored passwords are in:

Tools/Options/Security

Click Saved passwords, then click show passwords.

Let me know if this helps!

• Moderators

I've tried everything I can think of as this has happened on another site and the usual process worked on that one.

First thing was clear out all old information which included the details in saved passwords and the Piriform cookie.

Then after manually entering the details, the Firefox "Save this password" dialogue box drops down and it's saved, and I save the new cookie. However when logging in after that, the fields are still empty, but the old type login page appears when I press "sign in" with the fields empty.

It could be a forum bug, but I've no idea.

If you've any other ideas, or if I fix it, we'll post in that Firefox thread as I hate to hijack the cats thread. (I just hate cats). :lol:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=33830

For me it's "well trained cats & dogs.......WELL TRAINED I say"

Plus most of the owners NEED training as well.

Our family over the years have had both cats & dogs, they gave us all plenty of good times. Now the children are grown up and have left the nest both Son & Daughter are looking having their own house hold pets when they manage to own their own house as most rental properties will not allow pets.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I'm trying to befriend a feral skunk. Yes, there's oh so stinky danger involved. Keep in mind I also gotta deal with wild coyotes in the distance. But I've confronted a coyote before and it thought I was the equivalent of a lude so it left the area unperturbed.

Talking in a calm voice does a lot to smaller feral animals. (I wouldn't suggest that advice with a Kodiak bear, Komodo dragon or Honey badger. You should run like hell.)

• Moderators

I'm trying to befriend a feral skunk. Yes, there's oh so stinky danger involved.

Make sure you're always facing its good side. ;) I had a girlfriend who had a skunk as a pet however it didn't have those scent glands or whatever it is that produces that foul smell.

Make sure you're always facing its good side. ;) I had a girlfriend who had a skunk as a pet however it didn't have those scent glands or whatever it is that produces that foul smell.

She had it "de-skunked". That's what most skunk pet owners do. (for obvious reasons). It's sorta the same as having a cat neutered or spayed.

Skunks are almost as domestic as cats, dogs, ferrets, etc. They're very friendly to people. You don't want to walk up to them near their nest or when a bunch of their lil baby skunks are feeding & such. They ARE wild, but that's what I like about them. And their cute roly poly way of walking.