Flash Player 10.1.53.64

pwillener

Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 is now available.

Most of you may have noticed the security alerts over the last few days concerning PDF files with Flash content. Adobe has now released the long awaited Flash Player 10.1, which fixes the vulnerability.

Download (for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris) http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It is recommended to uninstall all previous Flash Player versions (download uninstaller). All browser windows should be closed when the uninstaller runs.

Make sure to uncheck any unwanted software offers during the installation.

Security bulletin:

Executable / offline installers:

P.S. Flash Player can currently only be installed and run on 32-bit browsers.

I think FileHippo.com is better when it comes to Flash updates. You can get the installer without Adobe DLM, McAfee nonsense, or Google toolbar ;)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I think FileHippo.com is better when it comes to Flash updates. You can get the installer without Adobe DLM, McAfee nonsense, or Google toolbar ;)

I agree, although you still have to get the Uninstaller from Adobe which doesn't offer to install any bundled stuff. I do like how they've re-did their installer, it looks nice.

Is anyone else seeing a notable decreased in performance with Flash 10.1?

I thought this new version was suppose so improve performance and add hardware acceleration for HD videos, but I'm actually getting worse performance on youtube than before.

There are also direct downloads on the Adobe site

Is anyone else seeing a notable decreased in performance with Flash 10.1?

I have seen several such complaints on the Adobe Flash Player forum. Interestingly it is mostly users with high-spec computers.

I have several old machines, some even with Windows 2000, and all perform well with FP 10.1

Some suggestions when experiencing performance problems with Flash Player:

• clear the Flash Player cache (with CCleaner, of course);
  • check for updated graphics card drivers;
  • disable hardware acceleration in the Flash Player Settings;
  • check storage settings in the Global Flash Player Setting Manager;

Flash Player Settings Managers are activated by right-clicking on any online Flash object.

Since it fixes tens of critical security flaws, I'm afraid you'll have to update soon ;)

I run sandboxed on Windows so I will update when the update is stable.

I have lost count how many "critical security flaws" that have been reported over the years in programs I use or OS I use yet I never get malware. Smart use of the computer and avoiding internet garbage will go a long way to keeping your machine clean. The critical flaws are a big problem for the risky web surfers. I'm not saying to not patch your system but make sure the patch is stable and doesn't cause more problems than it supposed to prevent.