can't get my defragger to work

heidisue

can someone help me get my defragger to work? i downloaded the new version but when i when to click on the desktop icon it started to install automatically but the stopped. it says "error opening file for writing: c\program files\defraggler\defraggler.exe. when i click on "retry" it does nothing and when i click in "ignore" it will take me through the rest but then when i click on the desktop icon again it just takes me up to the same error point.

help! i paid $20.00 for this and now i am getting nothing at all; not even able to access my old version!

heidisue

can someone help me get my defragger to work? i downloaded the new version but when i when to click on the desktop icon it started to install automatically but the stopped. it says "error opening file for writing: c\program files\defraggler\defraggler.exe. when i click on "retry" it does nothing and when i click in "ignore" it will take me through the rest but then when i click on the desktop icon again it just takes me up to the same error point.

help! i paid $20.00 for this and now i am getting nothing at all; not even able to access my old version!

heidisue

hang on, if you are ignoring the error why not just actually see if defraggler has installed instead of doing the same setup that errors?

secondly no one asked you to buy it, its freeware, donations are grateful but not essential

No fate but what we make

please, don't get me wrong about donating because i strongly believe in donating for free software as i can't even imagine how many hours and thoght goes into any software program. i just want my defraggler to work.

now, what do you mean just see if the program installed? how would i do that? when i click on my desktop icon it takes me directly to the wizard install setup.

heidisue

• Moderators

What operating system do you have heidi?

What browser do you use?

When you say you try clicking on the desktop icon, I take it you actually mean the defraggler installer?

Is the version you already say you have and works, installed in the default place?

What about going into add/remove programs and uninstalling the version you already have, deleting the failed installer from the desktop, and, after making sure no defraggler folders are left in C\program files, start again. If you use ccleaner you can always run it after the defraggler uninstall of course!

Download to desktop (choosing save from the website dialog box, not run) and see what happens.

If there is still no luck, try a different browser for the download.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

well, after several tries in downloading from website i finally got it up and running. i do like the program so i am glad i can use the updated version (i assume it is the newest version as i look at the properties and it says modified today).

thanks for comments and suggestions.

heidisue