NVIDIA display corruption solution I found

Andavari

• Moderators

I found out the NVIDIA drivers display corruption I've been dealing with for countless months in various programs which aren't drawn correctly was a super simple solution.

Kudos go straight to Microsoft for this fix!;) I installed the Microsoft DirectX v9.0c (June 2010) Redistribution package from FileHippo.com as a last ditch effort before taking the display card out and buying a different brand, and it worked! The display corruption has completely disappeared.:)

I found out the NVIDIA drivers display corruption I've been dealing with for countless months in various programs which aren't drawn correctly was a super simple solution.

Kudos go straight to Microsoft for this fix!;) I installed the Microsoft DirectX v9.0c (June 2010) Redistribution package from FileHippo.com as a last ditch effort before taking the display card out and buying a different brand, and it worked! The display corruption has completely disappeared.:)

Andavari many thanks I am downloading now, hope it works for me. :P

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

What kind of display corruption is it specifically???

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

What kind of display corruption is it specifically???

It's tearing. I jumped the gun as it didn't heal absolutely everything since Nvidia drivers give Paint.NET serious display issues, and there's some in HandBrake too.

I don't think anything will 100% fix it although the DirectX drivers did remove the problem in allot of programs, surely Nvidia and their drivers won't resolve the issue since I've tried all new versions and even some old versions. I reported the issue to Nvidia before with multiple screenshots along with my description to them, so I'll be getting another ATI card when I have the cash and bin the current Nvidia.

Screenshot example (it doesn't do this at all with the Nvidia drivers completely removed, therefore I think it's a driver issue):

00d91b84372108.jpg

Well have you tried running those programs that have been having display problems in compatibility mode first??? I don't know your OS though.

How about running them in 256 colors???? Or disabled desktop composition would turn off the Aero interface on a program???

Well honestly, I do not like installing too many drivers because those that were installed by default are enough to satisfy me even in my Nvidia driver provided during the Windows 7 installation does not include an entry on the control panel. There was an available video card update for me that would probably provide the control panel entry as well but I chose not to install it.

Back when I was using Vista, I made a terrible mistake in loading my video driver. I had to reinstall the driver using the CD but it failed in the end cause there was no Internet at that time. The Aero interface was killed lol. I downloaded a compatible Nvidia driver, saved the heck on my USB, installed it but it had a few bugs as it was running a Quake game in higher frames per second than it should causing minor in-game lags. The driver also included features that my card model does not support but at least, I can game and turn on the Aero. Even watching TV on WMC required a working video driver so it was important, better than nothing.

And speaking of the fact that you tried to install different drivers, new and old versions, have you considered using a driver cleaner to remove the clutter??? Its a waste of space and if those drivers did not fix your issue anyway, there is little reason to let them linger in your system. Possibly gigabytes of space are consumed by those drivers that you may not want anyway so better do a cleanup.

But what matters now is that this Microsoft DirectX v9.0c (June 2010) Redistribution seem to have resolved MOST of your problem.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

No need to do all that with compatibility mode, etc. I do use Driver Sweeper, and I also track the driver installation with Total Uninstall so using both after uninstall gets me completely back to the XP default generic NVIDIA driver.

I've downgraded back to the v196.21 drivers and now only HandBrake has a few glitches when showing it's splash screen. Definitely buggy drivers, but I'll also try the next updated version to see how it goes.

Also after going back to v196.21 I'm not getting random Explorer.exe crashes, although it's still way too early to tell if the NVIDIA drivers were causing Explorer.exe to crash or not, but it was about that time that I had previously upgraded all the problems started.