Defraggler 1.19 still contains bug

Defraggler 1.19 wants to connect to the internet. Bad! As did 1.18 & other versions.

Even unselecting update during install fails, because the first thing Defraggler does is check for updates. You cannot install Defraggler silently offline, no sirree! Internet Connection not found!

I have to manually go in, uncheck update, & set it to save settings to ini. Because disabling update from the installer does not work! It STILL connects to check for an update (Although you already downloaded the latest update & do not care to check the web for the latest update, because you just downloaded the latest one...)

CCleaner does not give an internet connection not found error, so why does Defraggler? It is so annoying! I know, I know, such a small bug, but it bugs me, & I am pretty sure it does others here, doesn't it?

Anyone?

Even unselecting update during install fails, because the first thing Defraggler does is check for updates. You cannot install Defraggler silently offline, no sirree! Internet Connection not found!

I wouldn't exactly call this a bug. Maybe it is just some unlucky wording. I understand the checkbox in the installer as "Do you want to check for updates during install?". Maybe that has nothing to do with the settings in the program.

But you definitively don't have to put the settings in an ini. You can disable updates in the settings and still keep them in the registry. I never put them into an ini and disabling updates works for me.

You can always disable updates, by going into the program, yes, but it is confusing for the installer to let you "not check for updates", then have it check for updates anyway, totally disregarding your choice for it not to!

If I uncheck the check for updates box, I would think that it would be only logical for it not to check for updates after I finish.

There is always the check for updates link built in, & I don't need it to check when I just downloaded what I know to be the latest version!

I know that CCleaner doesn't check for updates after you install, so I was wondering why Defraggler still would, even after unchecking it on install?