I am new & have a question

GrandmaMouse

What is the name of the software you are using?

Are you using IOBit's Smart Defrag by any chance?

You have posted in Piriform's CCleaner section which has NO options as "Defrag..."

Edited by ishan_rulz

Simplicity is hard.

What is the name of the software you are using?

Perhaps read the topic title for clue ;)

I'm sure a mod will move this to the Defraggler section where it's more likely to be answered.

Perhaps read the topic title for clue ;)

I'm sure a mod will move this to the Defraggler section where it's more likely to be answered.

Oh crap. I made a mistake. I was just wondering, lol.

Actually, I did search the Defraggler Docs for "Optimize" didn't come up with anything and therefore, the question. I googled, and found out that SmartDefrag has those options: Fast Optimize and Deep Optimize, so it was possible that she got confused. That's all.

Anyway here you go, Piriform Docs for Defreggler

Simplicity is hard.

Oh crap. I made a mistake. I was just wondering, lol.

Actually, I did search the Defraggler Docs for "Optimize" didn't come up with anything and therefore, the question. I googled, and found out that SmartDefrag has those options: Fast Optimize and Deep Optimize, so it was possible that she got confused. That's all.

Anyway here you go, Piriform Docs for Defreggler

Yes I'm still confused

• Moderators

Hi GrandmaMouse, and welcome to Piriform.

ishan was asking what the program you are talking about is called, as Defraggler, as far as I'm aware, doesn't have the "Optimize" features you mention.

He was guessing it may be IObit SmartDefrag, which has these features, or some other Defragger.

Are you confusing Defragger with Defraggler? A Defragger is the generic description of any defragging program, whereas Defraggler is a Piriform product name?

No worries, as it's an easy thing to do with such similar names.

Hi GrandmaMouse, and welcome to Piriform.

ishan was asking what the program you are talking about is called, as Defraggler, as far as I'm aware, doesn't have the "Optimize" features you mention.

He was guessing it may be IObit SmartDefrag, which has these features, or some other Defragger.

Are you confusing Defragger with Defraggler? A Defragger is the generic description of any defragging program, whereas Defraggler is a Piriform product name?

No worries, as it's an easy thing to do with such similar names.

I just checked and it is SmartDefrag. I thought I downloaded it from Piriform but now I'm not quite sure where I downloaded it from or if I downloaded the right one.

• Moderators

As far as I'm aware, SmartDefrag isn't a bad product, but you would have to check their forum for advice on it's use.

SmartDefrag Forum:

Or, you could download Defraggler and give it a whirl, but it doesn't have what I would call the advanced features of optimize or deep optimize.

Personally, I wouldn't get into the advanced features of any defragging program unless you know exactly what you're doing. I would suggest running them with the default settings, which don't usually have the various advanced options checked.

If you want to try Defraggler, download from this link:

http://filehippo.com/download_defraggler/

Use the "Download Latest Version" button on the right.

Hope that helps, but post back here if you need more advice.

:)