Speccy Failure to Run

Burlroad

I have posted about this problem before but got no useful suggestion. I suspect that the answer is pretty simple but I don't know what it is. Speccy runs, but is providing no useful information. It sees the correct O/S but shows "Class Not Registered" for every other item. See the attachment. Any suggestions?

post-37598-127506208337_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Is there anything 'different'' about your pc that might cause this?

Did you build the pc yourself?

Was the operating system pre-installed? (if you didn't build it)

Visual basic runtimes up to date?

All virus/malware checks up to date?

Any other thing you have noticed that your pc does that perhaps others don't?

If you use Ccleaner does it show what your graphics card is in the top lefthand corner when you open ccleaner up?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Just going through a list of possible questions and trying to offer some help Lucky10.

I feel it is slightly more helpful than just posting ''well I don't have that problem'' as some posters have done in this thread :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yes Hazel I'm sure you are right.

I think users should post their basic system spec, operating system with service pack number, browsers etc in there signature. It will save asking particular questions have you got this or do you use that? ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Is there anything 'different'' about your pc that might cause this? Not that I'm aware of

Did you build the pc yourself? No, machine is a Dell XPS400, 2.8ghz dual-core with 4GB RAM

Was the operating system pre-installed? (if you didn't build it) Yes, preinstalled. Been reinstalled and updated.

Visual basic runtimes up to date? I have no idea

All virus/malware checks up to date? Yes. Use AVG9 and Malwearbytes

Any other thing you have noticed that your pc does that perhaps others don't? May be having a video card issue. Being discussed with BFG Tech Support

If you use Ccleaner does it show what your graphics card is in the top lefthand corner when you open ccleaner up? Yes, see attached file

post-37598-127516049123_thumb.jpg

I've seen "Class Not Registered" before but only when running Speccy inside BartPE.

It's possible you have registry errors causing Speccy to throw a wobbly.

Richard S.

Try updating the Visual C++ Runtime : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84&displaylang=en

PS : XP on a computer like that ? Is Dell mad ? blink.gif

Already running VC++ 2008. New v. of VC++ is dated 4-12-2010, so wouldn't have any application to this problem but updated anyway. I don't understand the comment about my PC & WinXP, SP3. It came w/XP, before Vista & Win7 were published. Vista has come and gone and will be an orphan very shortly. Win7 is way too new for my taste.

• 1 month later...

Already running VC++ 2008. New v. of VC++ is dated 4-12-2010, so wouldn't have any application to this problem but updated anyway. I don't understand the comment about my PC & WinXP, SP3. It came w/XP, before Vista & Win7 were published. Vista has come and gone and will be an orphan very shortly. Win7 is way too new for my taste.

Also getting this error. I was getting this before but I thought it was from the install/older version of Speccy. I recently got a virus and had to do a complete reinstall and got this:

post-38843-127952211295_thumb.png

edit: this is xp pro 32bit SP3 from "TinyXP"

Also getting this error. I was getting this before but I thought it was from the install/older version of Speccy. I recently got a virus and had to do a complete reinstall and got this:

post-38843-127952211295_thumb.png

edit: this is xp pro 32bit SP3 from "TinyXP"

Yep, that's the screen that I'm getting.

• 2 years later...

Hi, new to this forum after having same trouble with Speccy on my XP 32bit SP3 + fully updated. I keep getting the "class not recognised" message. I am running dual boot with Win 7 64bit Ultimate on same machine, and Speccy performs perfectly in Win 7. Could it be that with the different windows O/S's, Speccy is throwing up this error message???

I use all the Piriform progs and reccomend them to all my friends. Keep up the good work, Thank you, Wayne