Slim versions

FlipD9

I notice that most of the Piriform applications have a slim versions with no toolbar. Could someone help me understand what does that mean with no toolbar and how the slim versions differ from the regular application?

On another note, there's also the portable version you can download now. In the past I just copy the folder in my Program folder to my USB drive for a portable version of any Piriform applications, is this still true today even though there's a portable version you can download? What's the U3 version and how do I know if my USB is one?

Thank you for your time,

FlipD9

The Slim version simply has no toolbar in the installer. The application remains the same.

The portable version comes with a file named portable.dat which tells the program to always save settings to an INI file.

U3 keys are special - if you don't know whether your USB key is one, it probably isn't.

Piriform French translator

What toolbar is it talking about?

Will the old process of making a portable version of Piriform's applications still work as I stated in my initial statement?

Thank you for the fast reply,

FlipD9

It probably would but as Aethec stated earlier, the portable versions comes with portable.dat that tells CCleaner to save to an .ini file.

..Hence it would be recommended to download the portable version.

Simplicity is hard.