How to access BIOS from USB keyboard!

slowday444

XP desktop, Pentium 4, Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 A00, BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A05 12/02/2003.

I want to configure the BIOS so I can use my USB keyboard and still enter the BIOS. I've gone in from a PS/2 but can't figure out what to change or if the capability exists with this board/BIOS.

Under Integrated Devices (Legacy Select Options) I see the following possibilities, the rest of the options are enabled or probably not relevant.

Serial Port 1: Auto (selected), other options Com 1,2 or 3, Off

Parallel Port: Mode PS/2 (selected), other option I/O Address 378h

Diskette Interface (probably has nothing to do with it!): Auto (selected), Read Only or Off

Thank you for any input!

no options with the words 'USB Legacy' or something like that? That is what Dells have in the bios.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

If the dell or possibly mobo site offers no new bios updates you're screwed. However if you want to get rid of your ps2 kb you could buy or make a usb-ps2 adapter for accessing the bios.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

So I cracked the case on a hunch! Fortunately I do that quite often. I'm in my sixties so I'm way behind on the PC curve. Anyway, I'd installed a PCI card to accommodate the USB keyboard. Noting that every thing concerning USB was on or enabled in the BIOS, I plugged the printer into one of the new card ports (tested it, all features work) and plugged the keyboard into the port that the printer was using, which is one of the ones native to the tower, and that took care of it! Thanks for your help!