Hint: Show Overclock Computer

MrG

Just installed on XP Home SP3 and received error dialog box:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (this is the title)

Program: C:\Program Files\Speccy\Speccy.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any ideas?

Hello

Could you tell me how to translate your software Speccy? I am French and my English is really bad .... Multi-language and make your software is more for future users.

Cordially

I can do a Dutch translation for you (=the Piriform team, not mr. Owned here...)

And don't worry, seeing how much i hate bad translations in other programs, i'll make sure to do a good job on it ;) Just say how

My translation is correct, do not worry about that!

I just know how to do .... If I change the executable to have it in French ... It's not a problem ...

I don't really know what you're saying there, but i just meant that perhaps someone from Piriform could send you a mail or something with instructions for the French translation and one to me for the Dutch translation... I wanna help out a bit, got time enough on my hands and i wanna do something for Piriform as a thank-you for the great software.

Piriform guys, could you send the two of us (and any other translaters) a mail with instructions please? Our fingers are itching to write some translations :)

Nice program. I really love Piriform and all its products.

However, I have a suggestion and have encountered a bug -

1)The possibility for the user to know what CPU version he/she has - x32bit or x64bit.

2)When Speccy is kept open for a long time, it automatically shuts down saying that an error has caused it to shut down. (This happened to me when I was browsing with Google Chrome while keeping Speccy running).

Hello,

I was trying the final release and It still doesn't show my GPU temp. However, it does show me the hard drive's and cpu temp.

I have the following:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce GT 220 1gb.

thank you,

gomez

I've been using TweakNow RegCleaner as my main system information program, which is weird to even have it in a registry cleaner.

Speccy is definitely faster at loading this information, I hope it will incorporate more info for all categories like TweakNow RegCleaner has.

Keep up the good work!

One huge and great adition for next release should be Wireless Network information in graphics... for example available wireless networks and their signal strength (could help you decide if you should make some changes), default connection, type of wifi authentication, sharing features, etc.

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

Could you list your operating system please.

Also if you have your machine set to not reboot after a BSOD you would be able to give the fault error from the blue screen which would be helpful to the devs I'm sure.

In Xp for instance this can be setup via control panel>system>advanced tab>startup and recovery>select settings button and untick 'automatically restart'

You will still be able to restart your machine if you do this, it just gives you time to read the error message.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Would it be possible to add to motherboard section the northbridge and southbridge temps. I was experiencing random crashes and found out in bios it was due to northbridge getting too hot with my overclock and voltage, would be nice to see that info in your program.

I have South Bridge ATi SB700\710\750 drivers installed and mine is overclocked but my CPU only runs at 48C and the hard drive at 29C. My laptop runs at 70C and I have to have the fan switched on most of the time. Speccy found that for me as it used to restart when it gets too hot. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

For the very first time Speccy crashed for me. After installing a new second HD, the installation was on its way and I opened Speccy, then the drive appeared with no specifications, I tried to open the disc tab and Speccy crashed... :(

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

I have just installed the final version of Speccy (1.01.132) and I have noticed what appears to be a minor bug. Speccy reports that the CPU in my netbook is an Intel N230, but the CPU is actually an N270. All other reported data appears OK. Any plans to correct or refine processor type detection accuracy would be a welcome addition to an otherwise useful product. System Snapshot.xml

Suggestions for the future:

1. An easy way to save graphics (take snapshots in an specific time)

2. An easy way to log graphic information

3. An easy way to make an image selecting, maybe with checkboxes, specifications for example to show them in forums' signatures

4. Collapse/Expand all options when right clicking

5. No limitation of one open graphic at the time

6. API to connect and send live info to another place

7. Graphics interface for wireless signals in the air, signal strength, power consume, etc

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Excellent software, as usual, guys.

Is there any way to display a hard drive's serial number?

I'm talking about the manufacturer's serial number as it appears on the physical drive label, not the volume serial number.

This would come in handy when trying to distinguish between multiple, identical drives.

Thanks,

Piyono

I just downloaded and installed the most recent version of speccy. Although it appears to have installed, and gives me an opening screen, it only recognizes the O/S (WXP Pro, Sp3). Every other component is shown as "Class not registered". Is something preventing speccy from running?

Just want to make a suggestion.

It would be interesting if this excellent program also showed Overclock

processor.

The following examples below:

> View normal. Core2Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz

> Suggested viewing. Core2Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz (O.C 3.67 Ghz)

What do you think?

PS: forgive me if my English is very spotty.

I sympathize with the need for speccy support,

BUT

I really was not expecting to find it under "CCleaner Suggestion" ! !

Time for a web site rollback perhaps ?

Alan