Hint: Show Overclock Computer

MrG

+1 including IP and gateway, would give great help when phonesupporting friends on their Internet probs(most common problem)

yeah that's a good suggestion, would prove helpful to us and probably many others, although you could just type ipconfig in Command Prompt, a GUI would be pretty neat =)

I have a Sony Vaio with built-in SDCard and MemoryStick PRO readers. And in Speccy they are reported as Hard drives, in my opinion they would fit better in 'Optical Drives'. Otherwise if nothing is connected they always show 0MB. Which is rather annoying, to me anyways.

Perhaps an 'External Drives' tab for monitoring external drives (including E-Sata drives as external) ? - Possibly in the distant future a feature for quickly reformatting them?

I generally think that this has done excellently as a beta and with many improvements to come can only get better :D

My suggestion is to add a bit of spacing in between the blue titles and the details. It just looks a little cramped to me :)

Perhaps an 'External Drives' tab for monitoring external drives (including E-Sata drives as external) ? - Possibly in the distant future a feature for quickly reformatting them?

Yes, and maybe adding a feature to customize what Speccy sees entirely. But I'd rather have capability before customization.

Bugs

- Crossfire is detected as enabled.. Using 1 x HIS Radeon X1550 (VGA \ SVIDEO \ DVI )

- Pentium D Temperature isn't detected.. (Other apps don't have an issue)..

- Seagate HDD (ST3250410AS) SATA Interface not detected? (Rest of info appears no issues)

The program is able to define timings. Whether is possible to make that the program gave the information what registers of detected chipset are responsible for timings and other detected memory features (Refresh Period, Memory Interleave) and show known values and descriptions of bits of these registers? With this information the advanced users can finetune a memory subsystem.

Thank you.

Hi.

Yet another fantastic little utility from the stables that brought us CCleaner.

Very Nice Job.

I wondered if you might be able to include a Back Button, for easier navigation. Kind of like the ones in IE etc. This would be very useful instead of having to go to the top menu and select "Summary" each time.

Just a thought, and I do not want to come across as picky, but it would be useful and I think more people would feel more at home with this navigation option.

Many thanks again for a great utility. :blink:

Hi everyone,

i have 3 GB of DDR3 RAM in triple channel, the Kingston HYPER 1600 MHz, but speccy give me this spec:

Type : DDR3

Max Bandwitch: PC3-10700H (667MHz)

At this moment the frequency of the ram is 1066 Mhz.

Good work.

perhaps the max bandwidth of each stick is 667MHz?

I'm gonna have to double check my ram as well, mines showing as 2.0 GB Nanya Technology Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

Its got the tech/brand correct but this is DDR2-800 Ram (aka 400Mhz) on a 1066 capable (aka 533mhz) motherboard (4core 1600 Twins P35 - also detected correctly)..

note: clicking Ram to show both slots it shows them both as 400MHz capable....

Have to make some time to check the bios ram settings, if its really running at 333MHZ that's rather a slow down.

fireryone

...Sata devices reported as scsi devices though...

That may be due to your motherboard's BIOS? I think that my mb BIOS can report sata drives either as scsi or ide, depending on how I configure the BIOS (raid function or no raid function). Note that I could be wrong, but that is what I recall when fiddling with the settings months ago.

Others have mentioned providing more info related to the OS (software key, et cetera). One thing which I think should also be shown is the machine's Computer Security Identifier (SID) since machines with identical SIDs can cause a variety of problems on a network. Mark Russinovich of Sysinternals recently wrote an article claiming that SID doesn't matter and Sysinternals (Microsoft) has officially retired their free NewSID program. Yet dozens upon dozens of people immediately replied to Mark with specific examples of how having two or computers with identical SIDs do cause various problems not only on a network, but also with some software programs as well. Thus displaying the machine's SID could be very useful for IT departments in resolving issues related to two or more cloned machines having the same SID.

Well Speccy appears to work ok on my 2 systems. The only difference is it doesn't show processor speed on the XP machine but it does on Vista. Everything shows pretty quickly as well.

There are other free apps you can download but I won't mension those on here else I will be in trouble. ;)

post-33557-1259617967_thumb.jpg

post-33557-1259617977_thumb.jpg

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

I'm gonna have to double check my ram as well, mines showing as 2.0 GB Nanya Technology Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

Its got the tech/brand correct but this is DDR2-800 Ram (aka 400Mhz) on a 1066 capable (aka 533mhz) motherboard (4core 1600 Twins P35 - also detected correctly)..

note: clicking Ram to show both slots it shows them both as 400MHz capable....

Have to make some time to check the bios ram settings, if its really running at 333MHZ that's rather a slow down.

Just an FYI; It was my Bios settings, was set to auto, which for some reason was defaulting to 333MHz,manually changed that to 400MHz now speccy shows the same so defiantly not a speccy bug :)

fireryone

Welcome to Piriform CrAzY69.

My ATI HD4850 with the latest drivers also has the same problem where it only says "Analyzing..." and gets stuck there.

Looks like allot of ATI users have this problem.

Well it doesn't hang on my ATI HD4870 X2. ;)

Desktop

WinXP SP3

IE 7.0

Laptop

Vista Home Premium SP2

IE 8.0

OK, seems to work real well in 7 Ultimate x64. Detects everything properly for the most part. I also have an ATI card, and it worked fine.

-+It doesn't seem to handle the new Intel i7 chips ideally, the Intel gadget will show an overclock, but Speccy doesn't match up exactly. But I love the breakdown (BUS, clocks, etc) of the procs! Maybe the ability to override the Intel i7/i5/i3 overclock settings as an added feature?

+I love the environmentals, exactly what I have been looking for for some time! Add some more for GPU and everything else!

+As far as the celsius vs farenheight, keep it celsius, it is easier that way (and yes I am an American). Everything in the science community is in metric, 90% of the tech documents for performace at a certain temp are all at C also. There is no functional reason to change it for those who can't multiply and add. For those in need, it is F=C*1.8+32. Or even easier, under 75C, OK, over 75C, you'd better have more recent hardware to handle the temp. The i7 for instance is rated normal operation at 100C, I don't start getting worried until about 90C, which it has never hit, even under full load.

-More information, such as hardware driver versions.

-Ability to analyze a remote system, agentlessly.

-Add DirectX info

-If there is a way, a list of manufacturer locks on drivers. For instance, Dell likes to lock the graphics drivers so they can only be updated via Dell. A list of locked drivers would help a lot with headaches :-)

-Add MS log file analyzer to hunt for potential issues or hidden patterns.

-Maybe add simple/lightweight benchmark suite and then u/l (verify) them to compare with other users.

Another great product, thank you Piriform! I use all your products in my arsenal!

Also, Giorgio, DDR3 is not triple channel. DDR3 only supports dual channel at this time. The 3 does not reference channels. It seems that much of the reported wrong information is actually an issue with the interface between the chair and the keyboard, and not the product. People, learn what these things mean and the intricate differences between them before you go and say that it is broken.

Please visit the Wikipedia DDR3 article to explain the various speeds. DDR3-1333 (aka PC3-10600) runs at 667mhz w/166mhz clock speed, which Speccy is reporting on your system.

Also, Giorgio, DDR3 is not triple channel. DDR3 only supports dual channel at this time. The 3 does not reference channels. It seems that much of the reported wrong information is actually an issue with the interface between the chair and the keyboard, and not the product. People, learn what these things mean and the intricate differences between them before you go and say that it is broken.

Please visit the Wikipedia DDR3 article to explain the various speeds. DDR3-1333 (aka PC3-10600) runs at 667mhz w/166mhz clock speed, which Speccy is reporting on your system.

The RAM itself is not triple channel, but if the motherboard is based on the x58 chipset, it can run in triple channel mode. There are motherboards out there based on the chipset that have either 4 or 6 slots - the 4 slot version is confusing (the ideal thing would to have two 1 GB sticks and then two 512 MB sticks in the third and fourth slots to achieve triple channel.) Please don't insult people when you are not right - my Core i7 920 on an ASUS P6T has three 2GB sticks of Patriot DDR3, and it's in triple channel mode.

AJ

The RAM itself is not triple channel, but if the motherboard is based on the x58 chipset, it can run in triple channel mode. There are motherboards out there based on the chipset that have either 4 or 6 slots - the 4 slot version is confusing (the ideal thing would to have two 1 GB sticks and then two 512 MB sticks in the third and fourth slots to achieve triple channel.) Please don't insult people when you are not right - my Core i7 920 on an ASUS P6T has three 2GB sticks of Patriot DDR3, and it's in triple channel mode.

AJ

I was referring to how the memory handles the data flow. In DDR3 it is only 2 channels, the up and the down stream. In DDR2, they have it set for up, down and a third channel for data flow. Those are the channels I was referring to. Speccy doesn't report those from what I can see, and it would be under the Motherboard anyway, not the memory.

The term 'channel' has 2 meanings depending which part of the system you refer. In your case, DDR3 RAM=2channel, the MB can handle 3 channels of memory (but still only 2 channels of data flow per RAM chip)

I wasn't trying to insult anyone, the researching is a statement to everyone, not just the one person I mentioned.

EDIT2: But I stand true to what I said, people, do some research first before you determine something isn't being reported properly. Like you said the memory itself is dual channel, and that is where the info was found in Speccy, under memory and not the motherboard.

EDIT: AJ, what part of CT you in? I'm up in the NE corner.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem that some others are having regarding the display adapter information. In my case after loading Speccy, under Graphics it just says Analyzing... with the circle at the bottom left of the window continuously moving showing that there is indeed activity. But no matter how long I wait, it still just says Analyzing...

I'm using the latest version, 1.00.066 BETA, and I had the same problem with 1.00.057 BETA.

I've included a screenshot of the current situation but just in case I'll post my hardware and software specs here as well:

--------------------

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (64-Bit)

Hardware:

--------------------

Acer Aspire M7720 64-Bit System

Acer FX58M Motherboard

Intel X58 Chipset

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz Bloomfield 45nm Architecture CPU

12GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz RAM

1000GB Hitachi HDT721010SLA SATA Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 4850 (4800 Series) Graphics Card

Samsung SyncMaster T240 Monitor

post-1961-1260474067_thumb.png

Thanks a lot for such great hardware and I wish you success with this program as well!

Shaun

It seems to be the ATI's that set it off mostly.

But its also partly driver related, as it was working fine for me, when I had windows 7 auto detect and download the drivers.

Both speccy versions showed my 4870 just fine,

But since I visited the ATI site and manually installed the latest drivers, speccy stopped loading the details.

According to the debug log (excerpt below) speccy seems to see the card, but is stuck in a loop.....

The Admin indicated that the next version will feature more debugging to find the cause.

[2009-11-25 01:17:08] [iNFO ] ATI detection Adapter 1 (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series) crossfire caps:

cross display support = 0

adapter role = 0

num possible display adapters = 0

num possible rendering adapters = 0

error code status = 0

[2009-11-25 01:17:08] [iNFO ] ATI detection Adapter 1 (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series) crossfire caps:

adapter role = 0

error code status = 0

adapter role = 0

error code status = 0

adapter role = 0

error code status = 0

adapter role = 0

error code status = 0

[2009-11-25 01:17:08] [iNFO ] ATI detection ATI Logging finished

fireryone

Fireryone,

I haven't checked lately, but last week I think it was the Windows Drivers supplied by ATI (not Microsoft or Dell in my case) for Win7 were still a beta. I'm more familiar with NVidia cards and drivers, but my latest laptop has the same card you do, and looking at the drivers on their site, they seems to be a segregation between their laptop drivers and their desktop series. I installed the version for laptops and the general catalyst drivers on seperate occasions...I had too much trouble not with Speccy, but other programs that weren't recognizing the video card properly, so I went back to the win update version and all is well.