Registry Mechanic

SenutyEnool

• Moderators

I've never tried it, and most likely never will since there's a few good registry cleaners floating about and one just happens to be in CCleaner. I've seen Registry Mechanic smothering so called tip and tweak sites where they say you can only "fix this with Registry Mechanic," blah, blah, blah, and of course they have an reference in the link to get paid for the referral.

On MajorGeeks (where they offer downloads of many registry cleaners, including Registry Mechanic) support forum, I have seen several threads discussing which is the best registry cleaner.

No one there thought Registry Mechanic was the best. I would say that it's the most overpriced, however.

If you want to pay for one, RegSupreme Pro was highly recommended (and quite a bit cheaper). I go with freeware myself, I use EasyCleaner. I don't guarantee that it's the best, but in combination with CCleaner I think it does a pretty good job.

JV 16 Power Tools RegCleaner is claimed to be really good, but I didn't find it that easy to use when I tried it.

I have used Registry Mechanic on an old corrupt Registry after BugDoctor and RegDoctor each found about a dozen errors. Registry Mechanic took a few hours to run through the 9Mb Registry, but ended up with more than 500 errrors that could be fixed. So my verdict is that it's more thorough than many other products but very slow.

G'day folks,

was just wondering whether Registry Mechanic is as good as it sounds, or is there a comparable/better program out there that would do the same?

Cheers

If you are contemplating purchasing I can recommend Registry First Aid. A very powerful application, easy to use. Have been using it for over a year now and it does a good job. I believe they still offer a 30 day trial?! I also utilize the freebie RegCleaner. ;)

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

I have used Registry Mechanic on an old corrupt Registry after BugDoctor and RegDoctor each found about a dozen errors. Registry Mechanic took a few hours to run through the 9Mb Registry, but ended up with more than 500 errrors that could be fixed. So my verdict is that it's more thorough than many other products but very slow.

G'day all and thanks for the replies and information.

I have to agree with Merlin on this, I've used other "Registry Cleaners" but have found that RegMech finds more when the others have completed their scans.

And yes, it does take it's own sweet time about it, but for piece of mind I'd prefer a program that takes its time and does the job correctly (hence why I know use CCleaner ;) ), so for the time being I'll stick with RegMech...... seeing you don't get a refund :P

Cheers

;) ........and I am also a bit wary when someone thinks that (other similar) free programs are the only way to go. I utilize trial versions and shareware.......if I find the trialware suits my needs I purchase it. As for shareware if I use it I donate. Different strokes for different folks.

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?