Unable to use webcam in facebook

beatlebryce

I have a Lenovo ideapad U450p laptop with a built in webcam. I am unable to leave video messages, or use the webcam in any instance, while using facebook. I've looked for things online and still cannot find things, so I thought I would try here. I think it might be an issue of letting a web browser access the webcam. The same happens in IE, and I have the latest version of Java, so I know that's not it. Anyone know what might be the case?

• Moderators

Check your Flash settings to see if you have it set to never allow camera/mic access (just a guess, i don't Facebook chat and did not even know you could video chat on facebook. . . but usually these things are flash NOT java)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have the drivers installed for the webcam, do you have software to check if it's functioning??

When access a webcam via Flash web site you must right click the window and select "Settings.."

Next click the last icon next to "Close" (Camera source) and from the pull down list select your webcam.

Richard S.