Etrust EZ Antivirus Good?

Coolio10

I Am Using The 1 Year Free Trial And I Like Its Easy To Use Interace And Low System Resource Use But Does Anyone Else Think Its Good?

I Know A Mod Here Uses It So He Must Know If Its Good.

Please Give Points Why Its Good Or Bad.

I Will Go Back To AVG Free If Im Not Satisfied With It.

And Is AVG Better Then EZ Antivirus? :huh:

• Moderators

Etrust has smaller resouce usage than avg and a much better scanner. The real time scanner is second to none as well.

Good

Low resource

Great real time scanner

Great on demand scanner

Cleans viruses that it finds(not all avs do this)

Updated regularly

Free program updates within you license

Bad

Not free all of the time

G'day folks,

was just wondering what your opinion is of TrendMicros PcCillin Security Suite as compared to Etrust AV?

I've been using it for the last 4 years (PcCillin variants) and have not been infected...... 'yet'.

Reason that I'm inquiring is that it's not a 'huge' resource hog, but it does suck up some and was looking for something similar that would use less RAM.

Cheers

G'day folks,

was just wondering what your opinion is of TrendMicros PcCillin Security Suite as compared to Etrust AV?

I've been using it for the last 4 years (PcCillin variants) and have not been infected...... 'yet'.

Reason that I'm inquiring is that it's not a 'huge' resource hog, but it does suck up some and was looking for something similar that would use less RAM.

Cheers

I Can Reccomend Bitdefender Or Etrust EZ Antivirus :D

• Moderators

Trend Micro used to be the best antivirus period, but over time it became bloated and started to take more and more resources and have more and more components. I have tried the new version of trend micro and etrust is lighter on resources and has just as good of a scanner. The trendmicro antispyware is junk as is the firewall. I say give etrust a try and if you don't like it(you will) than you can just switch back(you won't).

• Moderators
Yep, and if they release an update to the program itself they let you update to it.

Where at on my-etrust.com?

The MS 1-year trial download I have is v7.0.6.7 and is for one time only and when I logged in I couldn't find anyway of getting the latest version v7.0.7 without purchasing it. Whatsmore on one of their support pages it stated something about an engine vulnerability in older versions.

• 8 months later...

I Am Using The 1 Year Free Trial And I Like Its Easy To Use Interace And Low System Resource Use But Does Anyone Else Think Its Good?

I Know A Mod Here Uses It So He Must Know If Its Good.

Please Give Points Why Its Good Or Bad.

I Will Go Back To AVG Free If Im Not Satisfied With It.

And Is AVG Better Then EZ Antivirus? :huh:

i cant find a way to temperarly disable this program any hints pleez ????

• 2 weeks later...

I use Avast! Etrust EZ Antivirus Is good but I feel no need in paying for it.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

I use Avast! Etrust EZ Antivirus Is good but I feel no need in paying for it.

In the many years I've used the now old and dead freeware InoculateIT PE from many years ago which became eTrust EZ Antivirus I've never had a virus, worm, or trojan that I know on two systems.

Not to knock Avast, but it has always given me false positives, and the default GUI which looks like a media player is a big turn-off - and yeah I already know it can be disabled.

Have found E-trust vet to be one of the better AV's out there but use it as on demand only now that I browse through Sandboxie.

Recently cleaned up a friends laptop with Ccleaner and unneeded system files.

Her Nortons AV runs out in a couple of months and I intend replacing it with E-trust which should be a big performance boost in itself.

Wish me luck in uninstalling her Nortons as this has caused me grief in the past! :(

• Moderators

Wish me luck in uninstalling her Nortons as this has caused me grief in the past! :(

Look for the Norton Uninstaller (not exactly sure that's what it's called) on Symantec's website. You do have to be careful if you're going to manually remove Norton references in the registry because I've seen that Windows places some compatibility keys in the registry for Norton products, even if no Norton products have ever been installed.