Arovax AntiSpyware 1.0 Alpha is available!

Arovax

Good day guys,

I would like to greet everyone, whom we already know, and those who already heard about us. I came to ask you for your help in evaluating of our new product.

Before final Release of this new product I came here again, as there are people on this board, who supported us during initial stage of distributing free Arovax Shield over the Net and these people can really give us a hand and direct us in the right direction right now. I will be very glad, if you evaluate our work!

So, Gentlemen, here we are with our new born child - Arovax AntiSpyware. On the current moment this product is in its Alpha mode and thus I sincerely ask you to avoid hasty conclusions about it, on the contrary, we sincerely ask you to HELP us in its Alpha-Testing.

Alpha version of Arovax AntiSpyware includes Smart Scan, Deep Scan and a Remover - ability to remove found parasites. Our Database contains 33171 records. We did not equip this version of program with any Features, Plugins or Addons, those will be available in final Release of Arovax AntiSpyware, as the main Goal of this Alpha-version - is to check operability of main engines - Scanner and Remover on all possible PC configurations, OS versions and in different conditions, and we sincerely rely on your help in this.

Current Engine is maximum optimized, fast and compact! Try Arovax AntiSpyware today and tell us what you think about it, because your opinion really counts in our Company and it is very important for us. What should we add? What should we fix? What should we better work on? What direction to develop?

Please post all your thoughts and comments in this thread.

You can download actual Alpha version of Arovax AntiSpyware on http://www.arovaxantispyware.com. Alpha version is available for download for everyone free of any charge.

Thank you guys for your understanding and your support,

Regards,

-Arovax

Hope it stays free too. ;)

May want to merge the Shield into this so there's Real Time Protection built in as well. If that can be done it could very well compete against MSAS, or become superior to Ad-Aware and Spybot.

I have yet to test it though, I never run alpha or some betas on my main computer. ;)

Will you post a screenshot of this program?

Ofcourse mate, here it is:

aas.jpg

I want you guys to remember that this is NOT any last version of interface, don't think that it's a simple tool because of you dont see 10 tabs with tonns of plugins. It all will be added in release version. It's not the main part of such software. What is realy needed is included in this Alpha version offered you here for heavy testing.

• Moderators

I agree with the statements Tarun made a few posts up from mine.

Although I haven't tried it and most like won't in the Alpha phase one thing that I did notice via the website info is the availability for Win9X and up users to use it, that's something that'll help compete against MSAS as you can get the Win9x/NT crowd that MSAS doesn't support. From the screenshot it at least looks very easy to use.

One thing I don't get is why don't Arovax programs use WinXP themes?

Edit:

I love the bug design, whoever created it let him/her know they did well!

Ok since no one else has commented on the Scanner and Remover I will. I tried it out on a test machine with 180 Search Assistant on it. I started out by infecting myself with 180 Search Assistant on a website. I then ran the Smart Scan in Arovax AntiSpyware. I have to say it has the fastest scanner I've ever seen an Anti-Spyware app have. In my first scan it detected all of the main 180 Search Assistant files and folders. I had it remove them all and it asked me if I wanted to reboot because 2 folders couldn't be removed. I chose no and ran the Smart Scan again. It reported the 2 folders again and I had it remove them and it removed them the second time. There was 1 folder and 1 file that I could find that Arovax AntiSpyware didn't detect and remove. Overall I was really impressed by it. At the rate that Arovax AntiSpyware is going I could see it among the top 5 anti-spyware removers some time soon. :)

Edit: If you want the install link to get the other files and add them to your definitions then PM me and I'll send you the link.

Wow...i am very impress with the speed of scanning...btw...maybe u guy should have a option to disable for putting shortcut in my desktop and quick launch...i don't usually put any programme shortcut in my desktop other than CCleaner and firefox...

Ok since no one else has commented on the Scanner and Remover I will. I tried it out on a test machine with 180 Search Assistant on it. I started out by infecting myself with 180 Search Assistant on a website. I then ran the Smart Scan in Arovax AntiSpyware. I have to say it has the fastest scanner I've ever seen an Anti-Spyware app have. In my first scan it detected all of the main 180 Search Assistant files and folders. I had it remove them all and it asked me if I wanted to reboot because 2 folders couldn't be removed. I chose no and ran the Smart Scan again. It reported the 2 folders again and I had it remove them and it removed them the second time. There was 1 folder and 1 file that I could find that Arovax AntiSpyware didn't detect and remove. Overall I was really impressed by it. At the rate that Arovax AntiSpyware is going I could see it among the top 5 anti-spyware removers some time soon. :)

Edit: If you want the install link to get the other files and add them to your definitions then PM me and I'll send you the link.

Sent you PM, we'll check our database on 180search. Thank you for advanced test and your help! We realy appreciate it!

My friend told me it detected a lot of false positives, even when fixing policies and the likes.

This is very serious, could you post extended logs/screenshots/descriptions here please? Or post it on our own forum, or send me PM. As you wish.

Thank you,

-Arovax

Wow...i am very impress with the speed of scanning...btw...maybe u guy should have a option to disable for putting shortcut in my desktop and quick launch...i don't usually put any programme shortcut in my desktop other than CCleaner and firefox...

While writing this engine and in constant process of optimizing and tunning it - our main goal besides the quality of Scan - was Speed. So i am glad you noticed speed of scans :) So i think i could bet that there is no other app with same speeds:)

About shortcuts, yes we will add this feature, thank you.

-Arovax

Well I just tested it again on my normal machine and although I like Arovax AntiSpyware it does a have couple of false positives that need pointed out.

false1yo.jpg

In this image you'll notice it detected Easy Anon Mail which are legit lines that I set with Spybot. Now I know sometimes malware sets these entries but maybe a feature should be added to detect that the user has set these entries with Spybot. Now you'll see it also reports a Hosts hijacker when they are legit lines too. They all redirect to 127.0.0.1 so I don't visit those sites to get infected.

Edit: I also sent you the install link for 180 Search Assistant.

Thank you guys! Each and every your message about false positive will be investigated by our programmers and proper actions will be taken. I will notice you later about each of your inquiries.

Thank you very much for testing Arovax AntiSpyware and for your help in making it better!

Yours,

-Arovax

Well I just tested it again on my normal machine and although I like Arovax AntiSpyware it does a have couple of false positives that need pointed out.

false1yo.jpg

In this image you'll notice it detected Easy Anon Mail which are legit lines that I set with Spybot. Now I know sometimes malware sets these entries but maybe a feature should be added to detect that the user has set these entries with Spybot. Now you'll see it also reports a Hosts hijacker when they are legit lines too. They all redirect to 127.0.0.1 so I don't visit those sites to get infected.

Edit: I also sent you the install link for 180 Search Assistant.

Domain name in hosts file does not have proper IP adress. This is abnormal situation. In this case you are offered not to check out this scan result if you did this on purpose yourself. In the next versions there will be ignore list. If you have any suggestions please let us know.

About Easy Anon Mail - read this: http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pe...px?id=453073076.

And please give us the keys which it found because on the screenshot they are not visible.

About 180search Assitant we are working on it.

Not sure what you mean about the HOSTS file part but I'll try to explain it better. I think what your trying to say is that my HOSTS file has entries like:

badsite.com 127.0.0.1

badsite2.com 127.0.0.1

Well it doesn't. It has them like:

127.0.0.1 badsite.com

127.0.0.1 badsite2.com

The way Arovax AntiSpyware reports them is incorrect. Plus it's a legit entry.

Easy Anon Mail entries (also legit):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

Not sure what you mean about the HOSTS file part but I'll try to explain it better. I think what your trying to say is that my HOSTS file has entries like:

badsite.com 127.0.0.1

badsite2.com 127.0.0.1

Well it doesn't. It has them like:

127.0.0.1 badsite.com

127.0.0.1 badsite2.com

The way Arovax AntiSpyware reports them is incorrect. Plus it's a legit entry.

Easy Anon Mail entries (also legit):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

What if 127.0.0.1 windowsupdate.com will be added? No good, huh. That is why we just inform you that this is abnormal, and its up to you how to act. In the next version we will have Ignore list function, so you will be able to solve this once and for good.

Will the final version of this product be free, like your Arovax Shield, or will it cost, like your Arovax NoSpam?

I would test this product, but I can't run the risk of screwing up this PC as it is used for work purposes, when I have my own seperate PC which will be some time (make that a looooonnngggg time!) in the future, I wil gladly test products like this.

Will the final version of this product be free, like your Arovax Shield, or will it cost, like your Arovax NoSpam?

I would test this product, but I can't run the risk of screwing up this PC as it is used for work purposes, when I have my own seperate PC which will be some time (make that a looooonnngggg time!) in the future, I wil gladly test products like this.

We decided to leave Arovax AntiSpyware a FREE product, though we are planning to release a Pro version in the future.

What if  127.0.0.1 windowsupdate.com will be added? No good, huh. That is why we just inform you that this is abnormal, and its up to you how to act. In the next version we will have Ignore list function, so you will be able to solve this once and for good.

Then let me suggest a feature or something to add into the definitions. You can have a list domains that shouldn't be blocked in a HOSTS file and if it is then Arovax AntiSpyware will report it. Same thing with the bad websites. If it's already blocked in your HOSTS file and you know it's bad then it shouldn't be reported.

Here comes another "Lavasoft Ad-Aware" set.  :\

Tarun, my friend, we have a staff with 10 people working on Arovax AntiSpyware in it, if you are ready to become our Sponsor and pay salaries to developers, then we will GLADLY leave all versions of Arovax AntiSpyware completely free.

Thank you,

-Arovax