x64 version?

molngab

Not yet.

I sure hope that they put out a X64 bit version of ccleaner. I also use Windows 7 X64 and have been looking for this software to come outin 64 bit. I wonder, are there any plans for it soon. 64 Bit has been around for several years now.

Thanks

Dakota

Yeah, but I don't really see an advantage. CCleaner is used sparingly for around maximum 10 times a day? It usually takes around 4 to 5 times every Clean. (or less)

Writing a new x64 code will add up to the bugs, etc. without making much of a difference.

Anyway, that's just me. I maybe wrong. Probably 32-bit cannot access some 64-bit files or something like that?

Simplicity is hard.

Probably 32-bit cannot access some 64-bit files or something like that?

I wonder what you mean by that...?

64-bit is all about memory addressing. With a 32-bit address you can only access memory that is within that range (0 - 4,294,967,295).

File limitations are determined by the file system, e.g. NTFS vs. FAT32.

Exist a native x64 version of CCLeaner?

64-bit makes sense for applications that use very large amounts of memory, e.g. graphics or video processing programs.

To create a 64-bit version of CCleaner would be purely for the fun of the developers; the users would not gain anything at all.

64-bit makes sense for applications that use very large amounts of memory, e.g. graphics or video processing programs.

To create a 64-bit version of CCleaner would be purely for the fun of the developers; the users would not gain anything at all.

That's what I meant. :)

I just wasn't too sure about the advantages of a 64-bit CCleaner. (I use Windows 7 64-bit myself.)

Simplicity is hard.

An x64 CCleaner would be much more effective in the Registry cleaning. Currently it can't access HKLM\Software, only HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node.

Piriform French translator

• 2 weeks later...

An x64 CCleaner would be much more effective in the Registry cleaning. Currently it can't access HKLM\Software, only HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node.

At any rate, I hope that there is a 64 bit soon, it is badly needed..Why this is being ignored is anyone's guess, but it is time to come into the world of 64 bit with this...

Have a great day..