Forum Upgrade

MrG

All my topic subscriptions are "Immediate Email Notification", I like it. But I'm getting an e-mail notification for every new reply on the topic I'm subscribed in (even when I didn't login and read the new reply from the previous message). You shouldn't notify me about every new reply in the topic, just the first one.

Before the update that never happened.

That's how it always worked for me before, I always got an email for every reply.

Ah Ha, I hadn't seen the new stuff in Profile re: changing User title (note to moderators/admins please be sure this is set for users with more than x posts so we can tell Newbies from Long-Timers at a glance (though I personally always look at/notice post count)

So how many posts do we need to change the 'User Title'? I cannot see that anywhere in my Profile or Settings.

All my topic subscriptions are "Immediate Email Notification", I like it. But I'm getting an e-mail notification for every new reply on the topic I'm subscribed in (even when I didn't login and read the new reply from the previous message). You shouldn't notify me about every new reply in the topic, just the first one.

Before the update that never happened.

+1 However this is the correct thing

This isn't the correct thing, I should receive the notification only for the first reply.

Why would I want to receive a new reply for every reply unread if I haven't read the first unread yet!? When I visit the topic for the first unread I'll see the others right down!

That's how it always worked for me before, I always got an email for every reply.

I didn't. :blink:

Look at the text I used to receive:

"Blahblah has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - *** - in the *** forum of *** Forums.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

• Moderators

This isn't the correct thing, I should receive the notification only for the first reply.

Why would I want to receive a new reply for every reply unread if I haven't read the first unread yet!? When I visit the topic for the first unread I'll see the others right down!

I didn't. :blink:

Look at the text I used to receive:

"Blahblah has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - *** - in the *** forum of *** Forums.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Yes that's how delayed works, just switch them to delayed and be done with it ;) I think (perhaps) previous version Instant was running incorrectly.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Wow, things did change a lot when I was on a trip for about 10 days lol.

I appreciate it very very well :)

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

This always happens when there is something new, especially when you are so so used to the previous versions.

Agree with JDPower on the chunky. It can be improved a bit. I'm still happy with it overall.

Simplicity is hard.

So how many posts do we need to change the 'User Title'? I cannot see that anywhere in my Profile or Settings.

To answer my own question: 501 posts are needed to change the 'Member Title - I just did it (couldn't do it with 500 only).

• 3 weeks later...

New forum layout is nice. Liked the old, smoother looking layout better, but this is nice. Have a question...it was possible before to see the local time for a member, and thereby get some idea of where in the world (s)he was. Now cannot find out how to do that. Am I missing something? Thanks.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

New forum layout is nice. Liked the old, smoother looking layout better, but this is nice. Have a question...it was possible before to see the local time for a member, and thereby get some idea of where in the world (s)he was. Now cannot find out how to do that. Am I missing something? Thanks.

I think, if a person does not put their location out for the public (which can be seen next to their post) then it would be the same thought process behind their local time; if they do make their location public, well then there is no reason to "get some idea of where in the world (s)he (is)".

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yep, I agree...actually had thought of that, but I am an inquisitive sort (for that read "nosey") :P , and I wish the forum masters had not thought of it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Go to 'My Settings', and on the 'General Settings' tab you can set your time zone, in which forum times will be displayed. (I can see this post's time as "Posted Today, 01:40 PM", which is my local time. [Although I would much prefer to see it displayed as a real time, i.e. 13:40].)

This should have automatically been transferred from the old forum settings.