Forum Upgrade

MrG

Great news :)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

I must say MrG what a super shock on the login page seeing how different it was, however I like it already.

Something I noticed is that people will need to get used to how to properly reply now:

For instance if you click upon the Reply button on a post it will actually Quote it. To add in a reply without unnecessary quoting click the big Add Reply button that's further underneath a post - i.e.; at the bottom of the whole topic.

Amazing changes :) this rocks!

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

Don't scare me like that MrG!!

At first I thought I'd caught that green virus that's going around :)

Then I started to fiddle (as you do) with the skin options, and then the 'change threshold' setting which is only viewable when viewing a thread. Strange option that really.

I guess we'll get used to it...no choice now!

Agree with Andavari that we might not now get as many quoted posts.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Maybe you could also drop all inactive accounts ?

Searching for members with 0 posts and last visit before 21 February returns...727 pages, i.e. ~14500 members. Nearly half of the total member count :o

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I guess I must be honest. I can't stand any of them.

There isn't a skin I don't feel uncomfortable looking at. I'm really not being ungrateful, but this is a real backward step for me.

Sorry, don't like any of it. Come back CCleaner for me.

• Moderators

I really miss the ''back to the top'' button that would take you back to the top of the page from any post. Yes I know there is a tiny, tiny bit of grey writing at the very bottom of the page saying it now, but it's not the same.

For those users wondering about how to spot which posts you have read now (as the forum change has reset them to none read) just press the 'mark this forum as read'' button under where it says new topic at top right of page.

Or if you think you are alresdy up to date at reading the new posts just press 'mark board as read' at the very very bottom of the page.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

D I S A S T E R.

This forum has gone the way of Facebook - PRIVACY IS CANCELLED.

Please take urgent steps to curb the flood of private data that is now on open display.

I doubt that credit card data is at risk, but email addresses may now be available to spammers.

Previously "Interests" were held in users profiles,

and could be seen by other forum members that were logged in.

I assume that Google spiders etc. were not allowed.

Today all "Interests" are published by the side of any post, even ancient posts,

so anything that was "private" is probably now in Googles caches.

My posts were never noted for brevity. They doubled in size with this forum "upgrade"

A bit of a shock to me when I saw what had happened this afternoon.

I was not to troubled for myself, and have now deleted my interests so my posts are back to normal.

BUT I AM CONCERNED FOR OTHERS WHOSE DATA IS EXPOSED.

I request, and strongly recommend, that this data breech be rapidly fixed,

and if possible to get Google to cancel any results that include data leaks.

Also, please review whether there are any other data leaks from other parts of members profiles.

Regards

Alan

Can't say I'm overly keen on the layout, seems far too chunky with an awful lot of dead space bulking out posts/threads/forum sections/everything. The default skin colours aren't too bad I suppose (if I turn the screen brightness down ;) ).

I'm afraid I don't like the new forum layout. The new posts has moved from the top to the bottom as well. You have to go back to the main page to click it again. :(

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2