Intel Turbo Boost Montor Problem - i5

Turbo Boost Monitor on Windows 7 Home Basic - i5 processor... :( first i scan for temp files etc. it worked fine. Then when i use the Registry fix of the CCLEANER, it always show this error about ACTIVE X etc. then i rescan, and same thing happens, it always show errors about it, then i restart my laptop, then the gadget INTEL TURBO BOOST MONITOR is not working anymore. Then i used my backup registry then it worked again ofcourse. This gadget of Intel is new (i think) so maybe Piriform still is not working with this issue. Thank you and God Bless everyone. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

hi, please remember that not everything suggested by ccleaner's registry cleaner (or any registry cleaning/"boosting" program) should be cleaned. oft times this is because the registry entry does not properly identify itself with an installed software (a fault that could be due to bad programming on the part of the software's developer, or on purpose as is the case of many AntiMalware products). You should only remove the entries which are for software you don't have anymore. when in doubt leave the entry alone.

As suggested above one can right click an entry and add it to the exclude list, at which time your particular install of CCleaner will no longer suggest you remove it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com