CCleaner Community Forums
Woodrow

Ultra Slow

After installing CCleaner, my Vista started having problems. Programs will not open or open extremely slowly-sometimes as much as a half hour and then don't work properly. I am not an expert, so possibly I didn't install the program properly or chose improper options during setup.

Please Help

Hi Woodrow, welcome.

Where did you download CC from?

Here? http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

or Here? http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/

These are CC's authentic download sites. If you downloaded from somewhere else, and your system is not performing normally, you may have a rogue imitation.

A genuine copy of CC does not drastically reduce system performance after installation.

Try system restore like what is on my signature.

After installing CCleaner, my Vista started having problems. Programs will not open or open extremely slowly-sometimes as much as a half hour and then don't work properly. I am not an expert, so possibly I didn't install the program properly or chose improper options during setup.

Please Help

Woodrow have you actually run CCleaner yet or just installed it?

If you haven't run it yet then as kroozer says there's nothing in the CCleaner installation that should cause a problem.

If you have run it what options did you select? Did you do a registry clean and if so did you back up the entries

when prompted?

and if you only ran the cleaner (not the reg section) did you have "old prefetchdata" checked?