Exclude specific Jump List from being cleaned

Mike...

Hello there,

I recently started using Jumplist-Launcher and I was wondering how I can exclude its jumplist from being cleaned by CCleaner. I have no problem with CCleaner cleaning jump lists, but I would like to keep this specific jump list, for obvious reasons. (I am not talking about pinned items, so let's keep them out of this discussion.)

Is there a way to do it, if so, how? (Do I add the Jumplist-Launcher exe to the exclude list?!)

If not, I would like to make a suggestion to that extent.

Any help is appreciated!

;)

Assuming you use the latest version of CCleaner, having analyzed then :-

Right click upon one item and select View detailed results - that shows individual files/paths in that item; or

Right click on empty space and select View detailed results - that shows individual files/paths for all items.

If you still cannot see any difference, perhaps it is NOT controlled by the check against ""Taskbar Jump Lists".

I use XP and do not know how W7 implements Jump Lists (JL).

If you want to solve the problem yourself I suggest that you :-

Launch CC and then close it and confirm the JL is still with you;

Launch CC and Clean files (but NOT registry) and test JL;

then if JL is dead it should have been in the detailed results but you did not recognise it,

but if JL is alive then launch CC and clean the registry in your normal fashion,

and if that kills JL it is the registry cleaning you need to reduce,

but if JL is still alive you should look for something other than CC as the culprit.

Once you know if the registry of the file/folder cleaning is the problem,

you can uncheck all the check boxes and then use CC with only one box checked to see if that kills JL,

and if not then try again with a different box checked.

That process always gives me the answer in 10 minutes - quicker than waiting on a forum ! !

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

@Alan_B Jumplists is a reg/junk (not reg integrity but it cleans a special key) so does not list results in result section

[Taskbar Jump Lists]
ID=1031
LangSecRef=3002
LangRef=3133
DetectOS=6.1
Default=true
SpecialKey1=N_EX_JUMP_LISTS

MR_T or other developer can you answer this one? I find it unclear when things cleaned are special key so I'm not sure where to do this from either (thus my watching this thread ;) )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@Alan_B Jumplists is a reg/junk (not reg integrity but it cleans a special key) so does not list results in result section

Please clarify.

What aspect of CCleaner could remove the Jumplist,

file cleaning or Registry Issue fixing ?

I assumed this jumplist was probably somewhere in the File System,

and would be shown after "Analyze", and also after "Run Cleaner".

If instead it is in the registry I expect to identify it in the "Scan for Issues",

and if I "Fix Issues" I expect the default back-up to clearly identify what has been fixed

(clear as daylight to M.$., possibly opaque as mud to me until I go for google.)

Is the Jumplist held in the Registry, or in a standard file, or is it something else ?

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

Jumplist is in the Cleaner section

However there are entries in the cleaner section (winapp and winsys) which remove certain registry entries (Most notably lists of previously opened files, such as MS Office, Realplayer etc); Jumplists MAY be of this ilk.

Certain entries in WinApp and Winsys use what the developers call "SpecialKey" these are usually found in browsers but do show up in a few other entries; Jump Lists are of this ilk.

Only the developers can define "SpecialKey" (i.e I, or even TwistedMetal, could not create a winapp2 entry that used "SpecialKey=" as they are defined elsewhere is the program.

Again we will be forced to wait for Mr T or other developer to answer the question of how to exclude (if possible) certain programs from JumpList Cleaning

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Thank you for explaining.

Supplementary questions :-

1. When the WinApp and Winsys entries delete a "SpecialKey", is the option of a REG backup given ?

2. Are "SpecialKeys" and "JumpLists" new with W7, or are they also in XP ?

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

"SpecialKey" is more a ccleaner thing. Forinstance Firefox items (e.g. cache) are specialkey

[Mozilla - Internet Cache]
ID=2001
LangSecRef=3026
LangRef=3161
Default=True
SpecialDetect=DET_MOZILLA
SpecialKey1=N_MOZ_CACHE

However as we are getting off topic a bit, I ask the Moderators to please spin the Special key posts to a separate topic :)

Again we will be forced to wait for Mr T or other developer to answer the question of how to exclude (if possible) certain programs from JumpList Cleaning

I thought I asked a simple question, but it would seems there is a lot more to it, so I do hope they will drop by give us their insight.

:)

• 3 months later...

I have installed 2.34.1200, one of the new and improved items: "Improved jumplist support to avoid possible UI lock.".

Which reminded me again of this topic. Is there a direct way to contact the devs other than through "Premium Business Support"?