NTFS and MFT

bighair

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. I love Defraggler, despite the fact that my OCD self just HATES having to look at that ONE RED BLOCK that won't defrag -- the dreaded $MFT file. B)

(Oh well...like I said...I really love Defraggler. I love the fact that you can click on the blocks to see what is in each one. I love being able to just defrag files or folders instead of entire drives. I love the option to do a quick defrag. In truth, this program is everything the defrag utility that comes with XP Pro OUGHT to be.)

Thanks. I love Defraggler, despite the fact that my OCD self just HATES having to look at that ONE RED BLOCK that won't defrag -- the dreaded $MFT file. B)

(Oh well...like I said...I really love Defraggler. I love the fact that you can click on the blocks to see what is in each one. I love being able to just defrag files or folders instead of entire drives. I love the option to do a quick defrag. In truth, this program is everything the defrag utility that comes with XP Pro OUGHT to be.)

Download a trial version of a paid defragmenter like PerfectDisk or Diskeeper, and do a boot-time defrag. Then uninstall it. ;)

Piriform French translator

Download a trial version of a paid defragmenter like PerfectDisk or Diskeeper, and do a boot-time defrag. Then uninstall it. wink.gif

Thanks. I use Puran Defrag (freeware) as well (which does boot time defrags) but the boot time defrag only works on my "C" drive. The fragmented $MFT is on a non-C drive drive. mad.gif

Thanks. I use Puran Defrag (freeware) as well (which does boot time defrags) but the boot time defrag only works on my "C" drive. The fragmented $MFT is on a non-C drive drive. mad.gif

PerfectDisk can do boot-time defrags on all disks ;)

Piriform French translator

PerfectDisk can do boot-time defrags on all disks wink.gif

Then I gotta give it a try. Definitely. cool.gif

Thanks.

I'll repost after I run it.

(And just as an aside...Puran Defrag supposedly allows for other drives to be boot-time defragged, but during the process I keep getting error messages. But only on the other drives, not on the "C" drive; it does that the way it's supposed to. I'll see if Perfect Disk Pro Trial Version works on non-C drives.)

UPDATE: Perfect Disk Pro v 11 was able to defragment the $MFT without having to do a boot time defrag. Now...no more red block. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Its really great review.The file system which differs from NTFS means to limit the convenience and flexibility of operating system operation. NT and especially Windows 2000 with NTFS are two parts of a unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, robinson. :D

That little link at the bottom of your post leads to here: [ Link removed by moderation ]

What is that site?

Edited by Andavari
Removed link regarding the previous posters spam link attempt

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.