Defraggler-new bugs

Hello Mr. Don,

Thank you for offering help, but the problems seem to have vanished after all partitions were defragged from xp and w2k.

Reading the first post in this thread again, it seems that every new version causes the same troubble, when run the the first time.

Nevertheless here are my sysspecs:

Board: MSI A7V266-E (lumberjacker-full-raid-bios)

Couldn´t recheck the stripe- and clustersize, but I remember to have set them very small

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1667 mhz (stock)

RAM: 3x 1GB Kingston

HDDs: 2x120GB RAID0 systempartition and 2 other partitions (55% free), 1x160GB (pagefile.sys only 4,5GB [rest free]) until the nlite-cds are finished, sometimes a WD-mybook 500GB (35% free) via firewire

The installations (8 weeks) were 'clean' with the latest servicepacks and updates.

All automatic updates are off.

During the defrag all unnecessary programs were closed and processes were terminated and the cable was plugged out.

Agi

EDDI T. says:

It was not the MBFR, but the MFT.

It´s still resting at the end of partition C: and can´t be moved back.

I am happy that you got your problems solved.

Thank you for providing the information. I was requesting information earlier, because some people try to defrag with a 99% full harddisk (causing problems), etc, etc, or other weird things.

If you ever need help, be sure to let one of us know. Thank you so much, & I am so glad that you figured out how to fix it!