Registry

niknak

After scanning registry, a problem exists that is described as "Missing TypeLib Reference.

Under Data is written the following : IBackupLocationsShellFolderImpl-{00020424-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}-

Under Registry Key is written the following: HKCR\Interface\{FOE3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C47A5}

When I click to fix the problem, it returns with this message :The TypeLib referenced at: Interface\{F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5} could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.

Solution: Delete the registry key.

I click to fix issue, and it returns message stating problem fixed, but I scan it again right away and the same problem shows up again......Can someone please help ....How do I get rid of this?

I have Windows XP SP3 IE8 CCleaner version 2.30.1130

Thank You in advance for your time

NikNak

Typical problem if you have no permission to delete the key.

If you are not happy using RegEdit then ignore the following.

Use Regedit to select and then delete that particular key.

If the key disappears you have solved it, and CCleaner made a mistake.

If it does not disappear then there are permissions issues,

and most registry cleaners would also fail and not tell you.

Regedit can give you ownership and you can then delete the key - but there are dangers.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Typical problem if you have no permission to delete the key.

If you are not happy using RegEdit then ignore the following.

Use Regedit to select and then delete that particular key.

If the key disappears you have solved it, and CCleaner made a mistake.

If it does not disappear then there are permissions issues,

and most registry cleaners would also fail and not tell you.

Regedit can give you ownership and you can then delete the key - but there are dangers.

Alan

I am not an advanced user and do not know how to use RegEdit....I tried to use it by trying to delete, but I received a warning "Unable to delete"....do not know how to get permission

I am not an advanced user and do not know how to use RegEdit....I tried to use it by trying to delete, but I received a warning "Unable to delete"....do not know how to get permission

"I Could Tell You But Then I Would Have to Kill You"

What I really mean is, that if you tell you I may fail to impress on you how bad it can go if it goes wrong, and that could kill your computer to the extent that Windows and everything else has to be re-installed.

I do not mind having a bash at my own registry because I take backups, and if they fail there is the daily ERUNT ready for a total wipe-out of the registry, and a weekly Acronis Disc Image if the whole system is destroyed.

I will not risk attempting remote control via forum messages if I am not sure that you can recover.

Hopefully some one else may be more confident in helping

Regards

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

The CLID key (F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5) is associated with Norton 360. A list of the Norton360 Registry entries are at:

http://www.checkfile...Index/3/sTab/2/

This entry is around entry 900 of the more than 2900 entries Norton puts into the registry.

I suspect that its associated with Norton's Backup feature, and as Norton is apt to do they've locked down the registry permissions on this key, as they do with most all of their keys. I have the same situation. After my ISP (comcast) dropped McAffee and switched to Norton. I've installed Norton360 via Comcast but am NOT using the backup feature, as I have other backup software I've been using with my Network Storage Unit. So each time I run CCleaner I see this issue. I've just learned to live with it, as mucking with Norton is a real rats nest.

You might want to check with Norton for further details, although I've heard that they are less than helpful on how to remove or manually modify their products (except through the means they've surfaced their the GUI). Which is understandable for security reasons.

FYI: I found this key info by doing a Google search on "F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5" which is a simple way to find inco if you ever run into issues with a different CLID.

Joe

After scanning registry, a problem exists that is described as "Missing TypeLib Reference.

Under Data is written the following : IBackupLocationsShellFolderImpl-{00020424-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}-

Under Registry Key is written the following: HKCR\Interface\{FOE3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C47A5}

When I click to fix the problem, it returns with this message :The TypeLib referenced at: Interface\{F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5} could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.

I click to fix issue, and it returns message stating problem fixed, but I scan it again right away and the same problem shows up again......Can someone please help ....How do I get rid of this?

I have Windows XP SP3 IE8 CCleaner version 2.30.1130

Thank You in advance for your time

NikNak

• 2 weeks later...

System Specs as seen on CCleaner:

CCleaner V2.27.1070

Ms windows 7 64 bit

Ccleaner delete "ActiveX/com Wow6432Node - notes link HKCR\Wow6432Node"

delete [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\*], [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\*\OpenWithList]... 41Mo the file cc .reg

the problem ccleaner delete HKCR\*

Merci. post-37696-127445028624_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

My anti-virus program was NIS (Norton Internet Security). I never saw this pop up in CCleaner's registry cleaner. My definitions subscription was up so I just switched to Norton 360 (a few more bells and whistles than NIS). I just ran Ccleaner and Googled for this topic. As suspected by others, I'd bet every penny i have it is related to Norton 360's way of doing things, probably the backup feature which NIS doesn't have.

___ (off topic) ___

I wanted to hate Norton because way back, if you actually had a real problem, just to call them voice would cost an arm and a leg, and trying to find out how to email them was a venture in decrypting their non-instinctual website (they wanted you to figure it all out on your own, researching everything yourself). Some people used to say Norton's antivirus was flawed, but their product has never let me down and so I keep going back to Norton (since 2003).

• Moderators

Some people used to say Norton's antivirus was flawed, but their product has never let me down and so I keep going back to Norton (since 2003).

Back about a decade ago when I used it, it never let me down either, but then again it never detected anything either. The bad image Symantec gets with their Norton products is the amount of stuff installed coupled with the amount of stuff left behind after uninstall.

• 1 year later...

Missing TypeLib Reference

IBackupLocationsShellFolderImpl - {00020424-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

The TypeLib referenced at: Interface\{F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5} could not be located.

These references are often left behind after uninstalling software.

I was running into this with CCleaner today, and found this message board by typing FOE3A5(etc) in Dogpile search.

This only happened after I reinstalled Norton Security Suite. I'd been running CCleaner every time I installed or uninstalled various software (Avira, Zone Alarm, AdAware...) that someone told me I should try, and I did, and spent hours on several days just trying to get it to work the way I wanted to. :mellow:

Yeah, I've had the same issues attempting to switch to other software - I keep coming back to Norton. I waste a lot less time.

I used to have the problem with Norton described by big_mac too, with the non-intuitive way they had of giving you the runaround on the web site, when you just wanted a voice with an answer.

Over the past two years, I am very happy with their customer support. They evidently heard what customers were saying about not being able to get answers and being unhappy with support. They really upped the support and I've found it to be very good.

I used to pay for Norton annually but now have it free with Comcast - I wouldn't use McAfee when Comcast had it for free, because I used it for a while and didn't like it as well as Norton, would rather pay for Norton than have McAfee free.

So all I have to do in Norton Security Suite is open it and click on "Support" in the upper right hand corner and either phone them or get onto a live chat 24/7 and hand them the wheels, sit back and watch and learn while they take the controls.

SO I just do my CCleaner registry scan, get the type libraries error, unclick it, scan again and nothing else is wrong. I did get in and give myself full permission with the registry files but they wouldn't delete. I printed out the "restore registry to last time it worked" directions first...just in case B)

• Moderators

this is a key needed by Norton. add it to your ccleaner's exclude list

please read my signature

also next time it's correct protocol to start your own thread, and not piggy back into someone else's

if you need further assistance you will need to start your own

old thread locked

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com