Way to select FOUND items to be cleaned

phkhgh

Am I missing it, or is there no way to randomly select items out of "Found items" list after CCleaner analyzes, instead of being forced to clean everything in list or none at all?

Why are there no check boxes, or "select all," or "select none" options to clean?

Sometimes I might not want to clean a specific file out of explorer, but DO want to clean most of what is found in explorer. It's all or nothing. Don't recall another program w/o ability to pick / choose. Has this never come up, or did I miss an easy option to enable selectively erasing items in the list?

I'm NOT talking about UNchecking the applications to analyze - only what to clean once analyze is thru.

Thanks.

Thanks. I realize that, but wasn't my question.

Don't always want to include / exclude EVERY file in a folder or application, for example.

It should have (apparently doesn't) either boxes or ability to individually select / deselect certain files in any folder that CCleaner finds.

Maybe I want to clean all but 1 or 2 files in a folder. That's pretty common for me & guessing others. If you blindly let it clean everything it finds, you may lose some files you didn't want to erase.

Any decent registry cleaner, for example, allows selecting / deselecting items it finds, either one by one or select "all" or select "none." This is really no different.

Thanks. I realize that, but wasn't my question.

Don't always want to include / exclude EVERY file in a folder or application, for example.

It should have (apparently doesn't) either boxes or ability to individually select / deselect certain files in any folder that CCleaner finds.

Maybe I want to clean all but 1 or 2 files in a folder. That's pretty common for me & guessing others. If you blindly let it clean everything it finds, you may lose some files you didn't want to erase.

Any decent registry cleaner, for example, allows selecting / deselecting items it finds, either one by one or select "all" or select "none." This is really no different.

Hi,

I'm a newbie here. Try this: Right click the analysis result and hit "exclude". It will be removed from the to be cleaned list. It's available now under Options | Exclude. That's what u mean?

Using CC 2.29.1111

When run analyze & get results, if R click on item from results page, there's NO exclude option.

If R click item from summary > Details, there's also no "Exclude" option. Far as can tell, only way to exclude is thru UI in the Include / Exclude. That takes in the WHOLE folder (or individual file). That's fine when applicable.

I don't always KNOW what CC will find, & therefore can't necessarily put it on "Exclude" list permanently.

For instance, may be some temp files from prgm installs that may contain logs (example) that don't want to delete right now. But would want to del 99.99% of remaining temp files. Lots of other possible reasons might need option to exclude * A * file / folder from the SUMMARY results, or details of one item in Summary.

This is such a basic function that tons of software (even freeware) has had for decades, can't believe I'm 1st one to ask about it in CCleaner.

Using CC 2.29.1111

When run analyze & get results, if R click on item from results page, there's NO exclude option.

If R click item from summary > Details, there's also no "Exclude" option. Far as can tell, only way to exclude is thru UI in the Include / Exclude. That takes in the WHOLE folder (or individual file). That's fine when applicable.

From analysis 'Summary results' view, if you do right-click 'View detailed results' you can then do 'Add to exclude list' on individual items. This adds the item to the the CCleaner 'Exclude' list.

Currently you have to remove them from the Exclude list afterwards if you don't want those exclusions to be remembered.