CCleaner shows wrong install date

Nabu

Could this be something to do with the time zone setting? The install date seems to be fixed - there's no time component. However if you change your time zone it is possible to go + or - 1 day relative to that install date. You'll probably find that at some times during the day, the install date and the actual date are the same.

Edited to add: this isn't CCleaner by the way - it just picks up the install date recorded by Windows.

....it just picks up the install date recorded by Windows.

Recorded by Windows? Where? Not on my system and somewhere else? If you mean the install date on my system, CCleaner doesn't pick up them correctly.

(By the way, I never changed my time zone.)

Recorded by Windows? Where? Not on my system and somewhere else? If you mean the install date on my system, CCleaner doesn't pick up them correctly.

(By the way, I never changed my time zone.)

So are you saying that the install date in CCleaner is different from the one in Add/Remove progams?

• 2 weeks later...

I've also noticed this. Does anyone know the reason yet? I'm more curious rather than concerned as CCleaner works as well as ever and I tend to use Revo Uninstaller when uninstalling i.e. uninstall is the only feature I don't use on CCleaner.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I just noticed this as well. I just checked about 50% of my installed programmes and in all cases CCleaner has an installed date one day earlier than Windows "Uninstall or change a program". (Vista Home Premium SP2). It would be interesting to know why this is.