Ccleaner & Advanced Uninstaller

John Grey

Yesterday I got a copy of Advanced Uninstaller. I tried it and came to a point "Cookies". I have been using ccleaner for a few years and always relied on its cookie deletion.....

Running Advanced Uninstaller however I found, that AFTER removing my cookies with ccleaner there were ?bout 300 (in words: THREE HUNDRED) cookies still on my machine. That other software then removed them---

So, I used my computer again as usual, afterwards I removed the cookies with ccleaner, and then checked again with A.U.

Result: Again approx 80 cookies were left....

Kindly tell me: What is going on?

:angry::(

• Moderators

my guess AU is reading the index.dat which won't be empty after a ccleaner run until the puter is restarted

did you actually verifiy the phyiscal files were still there after a cclean before an AU? (i.e. navigate to the folder that cookies are kept in after ccleaner cleans?)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

my guess AU is reading the index.dat which won't be empty after a ccleaner run until the puter is restarted

did you actually verifiy the phyiscal files were still there after a cclean before an AU? (i.e. navigate to the folder that cookies are kept in after ccleaner cleans?)

Yes I did, and some of the cookies were quite old...