Defraggler Hangs and Loops

1. Attached screenshot show the hand issue I'm getting. It happens on every disk while the framents/files are in large numbers.

2. On another machine, I attached one IDE and started defraggler on 132GB with 77GB files and 72GB fragmented, it took about 20 hours and I need to stop it while it just finished defragging till 20.6GB remaining. I remember seeing the same state while it was 14 hours of running and then at 19 hours of running. So at about 20 hours, I decided to stop assuming that it has got stuck. I restarted after reboot. But still having the same loop issue after running about 20 minutes, it did not started to defragment.

Any further details can be asked for (in next 3 days). I will be happy to help.

post-36446-1269510873_thumb.jpg

You could try running chkdsk just to make sure there are no file system errors on the drive.

start run chkdsk I: /f (assuming I: is the problem drive) and then reboot Windows.

Richard S.

You could try running chkdsk just to make sure there are no file system errors on the drive.

start run chkdsk I: /f (assuming I: is the problem drive) and then reboot Windows.

Richard S.

Ok Richard, I've just started to perform checkdisk on the drive and i will send screenshot again if it hangs. Thank you.

Hi Richard,

Still the issue persists. I've taken three screenshot.

1. Clipboard02_Small.jpg : at 2:51pm : after finishing analyzing, it becomes "Not Responding"

2. Clipboard03_Small.jpg : at 2:56pm : Defragger is taking lots of memory and almost half of CPU constantly.

3. Clipboard04_Small.jpg : at 3:01pm : Still the same state of high memory and cpu usage. Still while writing this.....CPU: 50, Memory 1083372K

Please help further.

post-36446-1269596341_thumb.jpg

post-36446-1269596360_thumb.jpg

post-36446-1269596378_thumb.jpg

Full drive C defrag: Mine had been running since 6pm last nite (it is now 11am the next day). It started to work but then proceeded to hang on the same block (green) and re-scan the same files over and over (yellow). I have restarted it several times, without successful results, including an attempt to run it in safe mode. Chkdsk shows no errors/problems. When attempting to defrag files individually message states scan complete but no files defragged.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Attached screenshot show the hand issue I'm getting. It happens on every disk while the framents/files are in large numbers.

2. On another machine, I attached one IDE and started defraggler on 132GB with 77GB files and 72GB fragmented, it took about 20 hours and I need to stop it while it just finished defragging till 20.6GB remaining. I remember seeing the same state while it was 14 hours of running and then at 19 hours of running. So at about 20 hours, I decided to stop assuming that it has got stuck. I restarted after reboot. But still having the same loop issue after running about 20 minutes, it did not started to defragment.

Any further details can be asked for (in next 3 days). I will be happy to help.

This could be caused by a number of things. Have you?

- Updated to the latest CCleaner after a clean uninstall & a clean install?

- Updated to the latest Defraggler after a clean uninstall & a clean install?

- Ran CCleaner, then removed worthless startup items?

- Run Nir Sofer's startup run to remove BHO?

- Checked for malware?

I had a system here that Defraggler 1.18 would close out on, & firefox 3.63 would error out with a message cannot write to memory space, in addition to AVG being installable, updateable, but it would not run scans nor activate the resident shield.

I ran Malwarebytes antimalware with updated defs & it found a registry key with over 800 items listed that had to be removed, which was missed by Spybot S&D with latest def, Spy Sweeper, etc etc.

Try Malwarebytes, update it, & run it.

After the malware was eliminated the CTRL + ALT + DEL worked again for bringing up task manager, firefox worked great, defraggler worked without a hitch, AVG even coughed up some nasties to eliminate on it's own!

Try it & let us know!