A good Google products cleaning

Hello,

I run CCleaner 2.29 with XP SP3/IE8/Chrome5.0.356.2

I check all the stuff that Google products left behind every time that we make an update [Chrome, Google, Desktop..etc installer or old cache].

They are Gbytes of files left on the hard disk.

I don't know, who are the necessary files, but you would.

It will be a way to be sure to delete the right files & ghosts.

For the moment, your tool, don't erase those files.

Can you add this feature in your next version.

It will be great.

Thanks,

Simon

25/03/2010

post-36443-1269508508_thumb.png

I am aware of that problem. A number of programs update software by placing (and installing) the new software in a separate new folder and don't remove the old software. (e.g. Java, Adobe Reader, Apple Quicktime). Even some of the update software is placed in a folder and never removed.

Does GOOGLE place that (update-)software always in a particular folder and aren't you able to add those\that folder(s) to the list of folders CC wipes ?? Click ""Options"", ""Include"".

If CC really skips these files then they probably are marked ""hidden"" and/or ""system"". I certainly would like CC to be able to erase these files as well. But as long CC doesn't include that option I use another program to the job.

I looked at the picture and I have a question: How are you able to list hidden files like "Pagefile.sys" ?

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I looked at the picture and I have a question: How are you able to list hidden files like "Pagefile.sys" ?

(On XP) Just go to folder options in control panel and under the view tab tick "Show hidden files and folders" and untick "Hide protected operating system files"

Yes, indeed. But I after unticking that box I inmediately ticked that box again. Much too dangerous to untick that box.

All knowledge is dangerous - but ignorance is worse ! ! !

My profile hides from me nothing other than my daughters profile.

I can see all system files.

My daughter's profile however uses the various hide restrictions as protection.

in addition to her having relinquished admin privileges.

Alan

Unless you're crazy and love to delete random files, seeing System files is not dangerous. But it's usually pointless - you'll just see desktop.inis everywhere, and symbolic links.

When a program tells Windows to delete a file, Windows doesn't check if the user can see the file - only if he has the right to see it.

Piriform French translator