wireless networking

oli

ok im thinking of setting up a wireless network for my broadband. just to get rid of some problems that i cannot get rid of. i know there are some drawbacks to wireless like lagging and such but what are the best pieces of equipment to get

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

i really need a modem router otherwise i will need to buy another modem as well. also how did u connect the ps2. is it through a comp or is there some sort of reciever that connects into the network port

i just had a look at that netgear ?65 which seems quite good. is this one that uses a plug at the mains and is always on or is usb. also when it says it has ethernet ports aswell does this mean extra wired ports that i could use to connect another pc

also where did u get urs from?

• Admin

I think I got mine from eBuyer.com, the DG834GT has a 5-port 100mbit switch built in, so it connects to your PC through it's ethernet port, rather than by USB, which slows the PC down. The device will handle the ADSL login for you, so you'll always be online and you can connect as many devices as you want to the net.

buggar i was hoping for one that plugs in at the mains. and then sends it to the computers because the pc is so far from the phone jack