CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hazelnut

Unlocker

I use to like VirusTotal and similar sites but lately they seem to be better for telling b/s than actually something credible.

For example I packet a Windows XP executable with UPX and uploaded it to VirusTotal, wow instead Trojan huh??

I can certainly sympathise with Nirsoft and Cedrick's problems I'm getting a little fed up of these big name companies and script kiddie so call security experts dishing out unreliable information.

Richard S.

I use to like VirusTotal and similar sites but lately they seem to be better for telling b/s than actually something credible.

For example I packet a Windows XP executable with UPX and uploaded it to VirusTotal, wow instead Trojan huh??

I can certainly sympathise with Nirsoft and Cedrick's problems I'm getting a little fed up of these big name companies and script kiddie so call security experts dishing out unreliable information.

Richard S.

I agree. It's annoying that when you try to use a perfectly legitimate and clean program your AV goes nuts and warns you about all sorts of malware being inside of the program.

I agree. It's annoying that when you try to use a perfectly legitimate and clean program your AV goes nuts and warns you about all sorts of malware being inside of the program.

One of the reasons I don't use AV's anymore. They get more and more useless.

this is what I got from VirusTotal Uploader

CE3d1s.jpg

PIZGVs.jpg

I downloaded the installer from filehippo

anyway, great apps :)

nice to see his sites back up :)

I wish he wouldn't use brothersoft as his download site, so much crap on there even WOT gives it an orange rating. can't even get the download to appear

o'well getting the portable version for now, till I can be bothered getting it form elsewhere.

oops . :( blocked by Hosts > access denied

Then unblock it from your hosts.... its a legit site and a very useful tool