CCleaner Community Forums
digitalchimp

Google Chrome in Program Files

I recently changed my Google Chrome installation to install via Google Pack so it installs in "Program Files" but now CCleaner does not pick up that Chrome is installed......

Is this a known issue?

I recently changed my Google Chrome installation to install via Google Pack so it installs in "Program Files" but now CCleaner does not pick up that Chrome is installed......

Is this a known issue?

I'd like to know this as well, I have the same issue.

Where exactly did you install it ?

The Chrome entry has two DetectFiles : The AppData one, and %ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Where exactly did you install it ?

The Chrome entry has two DetectFiles : The AppData one, and %ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Yup it's in there C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe ..... but it's not seen.

Previously I had the other version installed in AppData but removed that and installed it via google pack...

It's on Windows 7 32-Bit.... but I see the same in Windows 7 - 64-bit also...

Previously I had the other version installed in AppData but removed that and installed it via google pack ...

Is that the differentiating factor? Assuming CCleaner looks for a 'known' application installation location by examining a known app-specific registry key, is this key different for a 'google pack' installation?

The Chrome entry has no DetectKeys, but DetectFiles instead.

Theoretically, it should detect Chrome as installed if the %ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe file exists.

hi, i just installed CCleaner so am quite new to it

Google Chrome doesnt get picked up at all on CCleaner, how do i fix this?

Same here guys. I've been using CCleaner for 5 years now, but since I installed the final version- even though the older version would have Google Chrome listed in the applications- There is no way I can find Google Chrome. I reinstalled it as well, but no success. Do you think it's this version that has this problem? I use Google Chrome most of all browsers and it's kind of a burden that I have to clean its cookies and history manually.

Version 2.29.1111