Ccleaner for windows 95

Bodin

Wondering if there is an older version that works with Win95. I installed the 229 on a 166mhz system and got this error; "the ccleaner.exe file is linked to missing export KERNEL32DLL:lsDebuggerPresent." Tried looking through the '"software forum and this one. No luck. And a search in each had no results.

The Piriform docs says it is compatible only with Win98 and newer : http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/introduc...em-requirements

Win95 is really old :D

Yeah Aethec, So am I :>) My first OS was Amiga DoS.

I forgot to mention I had read the compatability thing. Wasn't sure so I had to ask. Thanks.

• Moderators

I have an old version of CCleaner which I run on m'win98 Virtual Machine You can get old versions from The File Hippo link. That said if the win95 is your main machine or even if it is a real (not virtual) machine you are 1) putting yourself at major risk for identity theft 2) missing over a decade worth of computer and internet progress and safety. There is zero reason to be running that, buit for your own good do not enter the internet with it.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/tech/1/ may well run on win95 (i've yet to build my 95 vm or I'd test for you)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks Nergal---Points I hadn't concidered. This is a laptop that a friend uses for her health care nurse records and wanted to have it "speed up a little". Not sure if she intended it for internet use. I'll pass on your concerns and cautions. She did ask why her dialup wouldn't connect ---maybe I should leave it "broke" :>)

She does have a 2.8 ghz, XP Home desktop machine she uses. Anyway, thanks again.

Running programs with a "IsDebuggerPresent" dependency problem can sometimes be fixed by patching the executable as described here.

However even if CCleaner could run there are so many changes from 95 to 98 in terms of where files are stored that it probably wouldn't clean anything.

Richard S.

• 2 years later...

Well I know this is a old thread, but rather than start another I will continue this one...

I am a avid used of Ccleaner on my Windows 7 & XP systems. I have not yet tried it on one of my older systems (2000, '98, '95) These machines are not used for internet purposes either by the way. They are used to support older hardware/software platforms with which I still do tech work from time to time. Anywhoo, after googling this subject and landing on this thread I decided to try that 'oldest' version of Ccleaner 1.16 on my old Compaq contura 400 laptop with Windows '95b. It installed, loaded and executed flawlessly. I've attached a screen shot of the results. It does appear to be doing its job.

Ccleaner (Win95).bmp

P.S. There ARE good reasons to use older platforms and operatings systems...everyone has their own needs. Just be aware of limitations and concerns applicable to your situation. No one can tell you which is best to utilize, only recommendations. Utimately, its up to you to decide.

• Moderators

Some old oses are just fun to play with, I still hold onto my old Win98 computer just because the CD games on it don't work correctly using WinXP or newer.

For some info the last version of CCleaner that supported Win98 systems was v2.36.1233.

Some old oses are just fun to play with, I still hold onto my old Win98 computer just because the CD games on it don't work correctly using WinXP or newer.

Same here... Hoping React OS will allow me to toss 9X when it matures!