CCleaner v2.29

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

Version 2.29 of CCleaner is faster, more compatible, and detects more applications... just another day in the life of the Piriform team!

For those of you who use the advanced features, you'll also appreciate the improvements we've made in these areas. Read on.

Multiple File Types in one Include/Exclude entry

Prior to CCleaner v2.29, if you wanted to specify file types in CCleaner's INI file using Include or Exclude, you had to specify each file type on a separate line. This had the effect of slowing CCleaner down, since it had to run multiple scans.

With v2.29, you can now specify multiple file types within a single Include or Exclude line. Here's the syntax:

IncludeX=TYPE|Path|extension[;extension][|RECURSE]

Where TYPE is PATH, FILE or REG.

(If you add RECURSE, CCleaner will include items in the stated path as well as its subfolders. This is only supported for the Include command, not the Exclude command.)

Full change log:

CCleaner v2.29.1111

• Improved speed when loading Cleaner screen.
  • Improved Registry Cleaner speed when displaying issues.
  • Improved Registry Cleaner performance when fixing issues.
  • Changed Wipe MFT Free Space to run before Wipe Disk Free Space.
  • Improved Include and Exclude screen when browsing for folders and files.
  • Added Recursive support to Custom folders in Include screen.
  • Added support to specify multiple file types for Custom folders in Include screen and INI files.
  • Improved how Language Resource DLLs are loaded into memory.
  • Improved application detection algorithm.
  • Improved internal communication between process threads.
  • Improved file scanning when scanning system folders.
  • Improved Windows 7 and IE8 support.
  • Minor GUI text changes.

Click here to download.

View the full blog post

Hi there,

I also would like to point out that with v2.29, you can now specify multiple file types within a single Filekey line in winapp.ini and winsys.ini.

Here's the syntax:

FileKeyX=Path|extension[;extension][|OPTIONS]

OPTIONS are either RECURSE (which means that CCleaner will search the stated path as well as subfolders) or REMOVESELF (which means that CCleaner will delete the folder and subfolders after cleaning if it is empty).

Previously, using multiple file types might have resulted in the following sample INI code:

Filekey1=c:\|mscreate.dir|RECURSE

FileKey2=c:\|chklist.ms|RECURSE

FileKey3=c:\|*.log?|RECURSE

FileKey4=c:\|*.log|RECURSE

FileKey5=c:\|*.chk|RECURSE

FileKey6=c:\|*.err|RECURSE

FileKey7=c:\|*.dmp|RECURSE

Now, that sample can be replaced with the following INI code:

Filekey1=c:\|mscreate.dir;chklist.ms;*.log?;*.log;*.chk;*.err;*.dmp|RECURSE

Note: You must separate each file type by a semicolon.

Thanks!

Thanks MrG and MrT...

In spanish tranlation there is a mistake... in the Add include/exclude rules buttom the string is all lowercased... "a?adir" should be changed by "A?adir"!

Is a great release but I feel some of my suggestions and bug reports are not taking into account anymore :( check out the bug reports and suggestions threads from me please... :(

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

One wonders, even with the release of Windows 7 and new & updated applications, how many of you out there are still using the last version of CC which showed the full detail of what was cleaned, instead of the default summary we've been using ever since...

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

One wonders, even with the release of Windows 7 and new & updated applications, how many of you out there are still using the last version of CC which showed the full detail of what was cleaned, instead of the default summary we've been using ever since...

Yup, I'm still using V2.21 for everyday use, I like to be able to see exactly what I'm cleaning and anything that slows down my use of a program is a backward step IMO. I do download the portable version when a new version is released to see if anything extra is cleaned.

Yup, I'm still using V2.21 for everyday use, I like to be able to see exactly what I'm cleaning and anything that slows down my use of a program is a backward step IMO.

I think you'll find that v2.18 is the last version to show everything removed in the results screen. I know because I only used that version for a long while because I didn't like the results options in the newer ones. This as been mensioned before but we are still sticking with the newer results window. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2