Flash player security update

hazelnut

Make sure run the UNINSTALLER first, can be found athttp://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe then REBOOT

Install the latest and test your installation HERE ;)

I got an auto-update message when booting my computer, so I just hit OK and let it do it's thing.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

I just did a straight update as well, but after downloading the new installer.

It used to be recommended to uninstall first, but the Flash Installers now remove the old version during the install.

ZYiRT.jpg

I've checked the last few updates and they've been the same.

Not suggesting anyone change their habits, but if you forget to uninstall then no worries, the new Installer has done it for you.

• Moderators
Not suggesting anyone change their habits, but if you forget to uninstall then no worries, the new Installer has done it for you.

I used to absolutely never remove the old versions for years and never had an issue. I only started removing them with Revo Uninstaller followed by a reboot, then use the Flash Remover, but only because someone suggested it be removed first on here. Before Adobe owned it old Flash Active X versions for Internet Explorer would always state a reboot was needed to finish the update, and it never once failed.

• Moderators
Oh and I do hate how they try to push the Adobe download manager on you without giving you any option in the matter <_<

That thing is the most worthless piece of coding around, why use it to only remove it seconds later I wonder. That and them offering third party software when you download Flash from their site.

That thing is the most worthless piece of coding around, why use it to only remove it seconds later I wonder.

You don't actually need to use it. If you ignore the initial download box (which starts the Adobe download manager), then click the "If your download doesn't start...." link, it downloads just the Flash Player ;)

• Moderators
You don't actually need to use it. If you ignore the initial download box (which starts the Adobe download manager), then click the "If your download doesn't start...." link, it downloads just the Flash Player ;)

Actually I never use it, but was duped into using it once long ago which I quickly removed. I usually download Flash Player from FileHippo but with the recent update they didn't have the correct download for the IE Active X installer so I had to get it from Adobe.