registry

redhead63

ok first of all i am just a basic computer user :rolleyes: i have been having problems with a c++ library error...when doing some searching for info on this seems it could be a registry error...i ran the ccleaner registry scan and LOTS of things came up but I am not sure what i should get rid of is it possible to post the log to get help with this?windows xp home sp3 intel pentium 4 256 mg ram cpu 2.80 ghz

• Moderators

Run Scan for issues, and when it's done right click the issues and choose save to text.

Also can you provide more info on the c++ library error? either take a screen shot of the error or type out the E X A C T text of the error

:)

Also if you follow my signature you can be relatively safe

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

ok first of all i am just a basic computer user :rolleyes: i have been having problems with a c++ library error...when doing some searching for info on this seems it could be a registry error...i ran the ccleaner registry scan and LOTS of things came up but I am not sure what i should get rid of is it possible to post the log to get help with this?windows xp home sp3 intel pentium 4 256 mg ram cpu 2.80 ghz

I agree with Nergal and want to say that running an XP system with 256MB of RAM is just cruel. RAM is cheap and you should have 1GB of RAM to really have a usable experience with SP3. By the time SP2 came out 512 was about right and now with SP3 - and all the normal programs and security software - have bloated to the point that you will need a bunch more RAM. That and a new hard drive are in order judging by the speed of your chip, your system is about 5yrs old and that hard drive is on borrowed time before it dies. I'm hoping you are already using an external hard drive for backups. If you replace the hard drive and add the RAM you should be able to expect to have that computer for the rest of the time line for XP which is supposed to end somewhere around 2014. By the way Hard drives are pretty cheap too. If you need suggestions I am happy to point you in the right direction.

We'll be waiting for your response.

the error is like this

microsoft visual C++ runtime library

program:C:/program files/internet explorer/ieexplorer.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way

please contact application support team for more information

and i just had a hard drive put in about 1 1/2 years ago i thought my ram was ok...guess not lol