What music are you listening to right now?

redhawk

• Moderators
Metal is for the hardcore and that very strong noise and shouting, screaming kinda degrades the fine musical quality.

If you hear something like the Bohemian Rhapsody, that is what I call music.Its a classic. It has 35 million views in Youtube. No doubt the greatest rock songs were written in the 60's and 70's and the greatest rock bands and musicians lived in those eras.

I don't necessarily disagree with your views on the best stuff coming out of the 60s/70s but if your listening to Queen then metal isn't that far of a push.

For instance, I would say that Zeppelin and Sabbath (both from the 60s/70s depending on where you date them) pioneered metal and definitely had an impact on Queen. In fact, I bet if it wasn't for Zeppelin and Sabbath that Freddie Mercury would have only been singing stuff like Barcelona and not We Will Rock You, Hammer to Fall, or Tie Your Mother Down.

Now if you only think "Metal" is stuff like Motorhead then your not really exploring it enough.

I would say the "Black Album" by Metallica or AC/DC's "Back in Black" is every bit as artistic and enjoyable as Queen's "A Night at the Opera". There is real musicianship in these albums, and in the case of a AC/DC its still very bluesy(Metallica definitely not as much though.)

I wasn't around in the 60/70s. But I started off listening to metal, then I discovered Appetite For Destruction(GNR), which completely changed my outlook on music. They brought in elements of Queen, The Beatles, Bowie, and much more and as I fell in love with that album I discovered all the artists which had influenced them to make it. Now I'm mostly listening to The Beatles, Dylan or some blues/folk artist but I still crank up some hard stuff when I'm at the gym.

Now if you said you didn't like metal that has guttural style vocals than I would agree, but not all of its like that.

Please don't get me started on Metal hence I'll defend it until the bitter end of time, being a Metal musician and all. ;) For those that don't understand it haven't a clue of just how technical it can be, and it isn't all noise, shouting, and screaming.

Oh yeah, then what will be the other things in it then???

Having heard some of Andavari's music I can vouch for this :)

How or where did you listen to Andavari's music???

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Are some of you listening to techno or something? (and if so why? :lol: )

What people call tekno and what actually is tekno are two very different things. A lot of people say they love tekno and link you to some crappy hard house. Youtubes the worst for this.

would you like me to link you to some quality acid tekno??? :P

I think i can predict the coming answer.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators
would you like me to link you to some quality acid tekno??? :P

Link to that tekno, and I'll finish them off with some metal, they'll be ruined psychologically and we will rule everything. :lol:

Unfortunately after a short while metal being metal just can't help itself, and will do something brutal to tekno, leaving only metal to rule. ;)

Metallica S&M with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra - probably one of the best live CDs I have in my collection.

- is currently looking outside his window at all the snow wondering what ever happened to global warming?? :blink:

Richard S.

I am listening to "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill".

Metallica S&M with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra - probably one of the best live CDs I have in my collection.

- is currently looking outside his window at all the snow wondering what ever happened to global warming?? :blink:

Richard S.

You know Homer Simpson had the same idea after shoveling piles of snow outside their front door, telling Lisa that he is shoveling "tons of global warming". Lisa simply replied, that global warming affects the climate, both hot and cold. I believe in that, global warming doesn't only generate hot temperatures but also triggers severe cold on other areas. I think you better Google search for the answer on that.

Believe me it 31 degrees Celsius in where I live right now and that is only the average room temperature, surely its hotter in the outside. Its been some time since it rained hard enough and we are now about to face drought or El Nino in Spanish.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.