Best Internet Security Suite

Coolio10

;) I am using Zonealarm Security Suite :)

For me this is great for many reasons but here is a list of alternatives i might take if zonealarm goes bad.

1.Norton Internet Security

2.Bitdefender(Used To Use It But Took Too Much Memory.)

3.PC Cillin

4.Mcafee

and thats all i know of but if there are any other good ones please tell me.

Zonealarm Security Suite is great especially with all the things you will need.

everything is ok antivirus from computer associates so i hope they have good defenitions.

but antispyware part is not so good, it kept getting false positives like limewire and gamespy arcade?

so i dont use it but the suite+spybot will do great. :rolleyes:

If you think any other good combinations please tell me.

I only like using suites because seperate firewall+antivirus+spyware protection slows your computer down too much. ;)

the only thing i have against suits like that is usally the programs them selves arn't as good. Also if you get good firewall, anti-virus, and spywear protecttion then it shuld not eat to much cpu. I use outpost Firewall Pro which just released a new version with anti-spyware, and avast pro, they make a great combenation of avasts real time montering and outpost super firewall with now spyware protection. :D:D:D

Outpost firewall is just as good as zonealarm or better and is easier for your computer to run.

For anti-spyware i have my firewall, spy-bot, microsoft, ad-aware, ewido, and spyware blaster.

Hope this helps

:)

;) I am using Zonealarm Security Suite :)

For me this is great for many reasons but here is a list of alternatives i might take if zonealarm goes bad.

1.Norton Internet Security

2.Bitdefender(Used To Use It But Took Too Much Memory.)

3.PC Cillin

4.Mcafee

and thats all i know of but if there are any other good ones please tell me.

Zonealarm Security Suite is great especially with all the things you will need.

First of all, what do you mean with "best" - catches the most attacks, does not crash, is least drawing on resources, has the most features, is easiest to configure and use ...?

I have an old 266MHz Pc on which I used McAffee for several years until it slowed the system down to the extent that it was not usable anymore. Then I switched to Panda AntiVirus which was fine, but when I upgraded to the most recent version the new engine would catch so many apps as hostile and was simply so annoying that I had to get rid of it. Now I am using PC-Cillin 2005 together with Spybot on this old machine and it seems to keep things running well.

I also have a fairly new laptop with an AMD64, I use both Norton Internet Security 2005 as well as Norton SystemWorks 2005 on this machine. Setup was a bit difficult because bot apps share the same AV and I had to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times until the AV was smoothly integrated with both products. Since then it's running well and I can't complain about any intrusions or performancre problems.

I'm posting in this forum because Norton already has a duplicate Cleanup and Cleansweep features, and I was wondering if there was any added benefit from using CCleaner as well.

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2004 but would like to know if anyone has an opinion on Shaw Secure or F-Secure.

Shaw (major Canadian ISP) offers Shaw Secure free to subscribers. It's a re-brand of F-Secure Internet Security (2005?). The few user reviews I've found are at the extremes ... great vs. terrible and often unclear as to the version.

I have to renew my Norton subscription next month so the cheap side of me is tempted to try Shaw Secure but one review claimed that it won't uninstall.

• Moderators

No, I have hated f secure ever since I found out it installed back web lite. The best antivirus I have found EVER is Etrust. Here is a link for a one year free trial:

http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/M...gistration.aspx

(If you dont like it just uninstall it but I gurantee you that you will want to keep it.)

If you need a security suite than I suggest you get Etrust antivirus and the following:

Antispyware:

Follow link and get various programs:

http://downloads.locias.com/cleaning.html

Firewall Zone Alarm Free 5.5.094.000

Make sure you download that version (5.5.094.000)

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/info...aseHistory.html

Congratulations you now have a security suite that is leaps and bounds better than Norton or F Secure absolutely free!

• Moderators

Well, a couple of people who come to this forum have said it was buggy (people who I trusts opinion). I never upgraded to 6 and have had zero problems with 5.5.094. When you download it just make sure you turn off alerts and logs and everything should be perfect.

Well, a couple of people who come to this forum have said it was buggy (people who I trusts opinion). I never upgraded to 6 and have had zero problems with 5.5.094. When you download it just make sure you turn off alerts and logs and everything should be perfect.

I think this thread was about integrated security suites and not so much about individual products. As for stand-alone firewalls, SYGATE personal firewall is probably one of the best, and I have read elsewhere that the newer versions of OUTPOST are supposed to be top-notch as well (though I had problems with the first few releases).

• Moderators
I think this thread was about integrated security suites and not so much about individual products.

Yes but those types of security suites are junk and the configuration I posted is much better and lighter on resources. I say don't suggest alternatives when someone has a problem but when it will save them $70 or $80 I think they will be ok with it.

As for stand-alone firewalls, SYGATE personal firewall is probably one of the best, and I have read elsewhere that the newer versions of OUTPOST are supposed to be top-notch as well (though I had problems with the first few releases).

Zone Alarm is easier to use and sygate has been know to just stop working randomly. Outpost is good but not the free version.

• Moderators
Zone Alarm is easier to use and sygate has been know to just stop working randomly. Outpost is good but not the free version.

I completely agree!

With Sygate I used to praise it, however it has the ability to self-destruct and flat out refuse to allow some applications to use their integrated updater, and it can refuse a web browser from visiting a website such as www.apple.com