Windows Media player issue

Eli

Hi

I`m having an issue with WMP for quite a while and that means that sites that require this player for streaming videos

just wont work even if I configure other player to play WMP files. I`ve tried almost everything but formating and reinstalling Windows.....My question is if you have any idea to bypass the issue ,meaning that the solution will not deal with WMP itself but will bring a bypass solution, for instance a sort of player that that "smells" the same but will somehow do the trick.

Thanks

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

Depending upon the browser you're using Firefox, etc., you need to allow these to be enabled (Firefox example located in Firefox's 'Tools->Add-ons->Plugins'):

* Microsoft DRM

* Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

Also your Internet Explorer settings are a place to look since WMP uses its security settings. Look in the IE Security (tab), and Advanced (tab) for any restrictions, or access the security settings via WMP.

Also don't forget to see if your anti-malware SpywareBlaster, HOSTS File, etc., are blocking the site.

Depending upon the browser you're using Firefox, etc., you need to allow these to be enabled (Firefox example located in Firefox's 'Tools->Add-ons->Plugins'):

* Microsoft DRM

* Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

Also your Internet Explorer settings are a place to look since WMP uses its security settings. Look in the IE Security (tab), and Advanced (tab) for any restrictions, or access the security settings via WMP.

Also don't forget to see if your anti-malware SpywareBlaster, HOSTS File, etc., are blocking the site.

Thank you for your reply Andavari.

* Microsoft DRM and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library allowed in FF, security settings in IE ok with no restrictions, still same same and it is not with only one site , it is with any site that needs WMP. We have to assume that the player does not work if requested from sites.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

I don't know what else to tell you, however perhaps try VLC Media Player which can also stream files.

It sounds like some sort of security restriction to me since it isn't just from one site. Also make sure you're at least rebooting after making all those changes.