CCleaner v2.28

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

Welcome to 2010! At Piriform, we've been working on new products and new releases (even through the holiday season). CCleaner v2.28 is the first release for the year, and it's packed with new Windows 7 features, more application support, better performance, and more customization for power users.

Full change log:

CCleaner v2.28.1091

• Added support for custom locations for
    applications.
    e.g.
    CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:MyFirefoxProfile
  • Improved detection
    and cleaning algorithm for new releases of Mozilla based
    browsers.
  • Added news tasks to W7 jumplist.
  • Added new
    command line parameters: /CLEANER, /REGISTRY, /TOOLS and
    /OPTIONS.
  • Improved MUI cache cleaning for Vista and Windows 7.
  • Added drive information to Wipe Free space status.
  • Improved Wipe MFT free space routines.
  • Improved W7 toolbar feedback.
  • Improved several core processes and routines.
  • Improved file search algorithm when recursing.
  • Added support for cleaning Paint Shop Pro 12.
  • Improved support for IZarc and Axialis IconWorkshop.
  • Minor GUI tweaks.

View the full blog post

Pardon me, not sure if this information is posted anywhere but without experimenting, how do I know what the new command line parameters do?

Added new command line parameters: /CLEANER, /REGISTRY, /TOOLS and /OPTIONS.

It's not in the About section of the program and the commands are not on the Docs site yet. Thanks in advance!

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Great MrG... Suggestion: Create a new documentation for the use of new features like new commands and custom locations...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Thanks for the improvements!

I have Google Chrome installed as Chromium in a custom directory and until now I had to delete the history and so manually, how can it be configured so that CCleaner recognizes it? I haven't seen any place where to select custom locations and don't really know what to enter for Chromium.

Also, Corel released PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (v13.00) recently; is it a mistake where it says Paint Shop Pro 12?

Regards,

Kao.

How do you add the custom location for applications?

I can't find out how to do it

As far as I know, CustomLocation is only supporting Firefox at the moment.

Let's say you have a Firefox profile under:

C:\Mozilla\FirefoxPortable_3.0.17\Data\profile

Open regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner

Right click on "CCleaner" node and select "New->string value":

Name: CustomLocation1

Data: FIREFOX|C:\Mozilla\FirefoxPortable_3.0.17\Data\profile

If you use CCleaner.ini, add an entry under Options section:

[Options]

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\Mozilla\FirefoxPortable_3.0.17\Data\profile

I hope this helps!

I have just updated to Windows 7 and CC Cleaner was the first program that I installed (you can guess that I like it). So far I only have one annoying thing that I can't fix. Every time I turn on the computer it puts up a text box to the effect that - User account control asks "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes . . . "

I'm trying to find a way to make Windows 7 recognize CCleaner and let it run without this interruption. Any suggestions?

That's UAC - if you went from XP to 7, it's been there forever - you'll have to disable UAC in the Control Panel - unless there's something I'm not aware of.

AJ

Thanks for the suggestion. I moved from 2000 straight to 7. I was trying to find a way to do this without disabling UAC as I would like to retain the benefits.

Bye the way - love your Avatar :lol:

I notice on FileHippo is says langauges en-US, es-ES, ja-JP, pl-PL which presume that means English, Spanish, Japanese and Polish. CC includeds 40 other languages. Who gives this info to FileHippo?

Degraggler and Recuva both show en-US only but they both support the 40 other languages.

Keep up the good work MrG ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Excellent program, thanks! Here of late, I have had a problem with Ccleaner opening with only fragments of the fully maximized desktop parts in place. I usually have to reboot for this to clear up. The program itself (and all my other programs) work fine, but the partial fragmenting of Ccleaner does at times prevent parts from working as they should. If anyone knows how to heal this difficulty I will appreciate the help. (I have an HP Pavilion a1050y desktop running XP Home sp3, with IE8 and Norton 360. Broadband cable.) I really do appreciate Piriform's Ccleaner. It has worked very well for me for a long time. No problems until this.

W

• Moderators

Hi W, and welcome to Piriform.

That sounds very strange, and I'm not sure I can actually picture what's happening with CCleaner.

Have you tried reinstalling CCleaner? Or maybe a complete uninstall and fresh install.

Before doing so, you could select "Save all settings to INI file" in "Options\Advanced", and copy the ccleaner.ini from the Program Files folder to a safe location, do the fresh install and copy the INI file back to restore your settings.

If this doesn't help, a screenshot of this partial fragmenting would help.

Thanks very much for replying. I have noted since posting that my display is failing in other applications, and rebooting always clears it up. So it is not a Ccleaner problem but some difficulty I am having with display in many applications, so I will address that. Again, many thanks! - Will

• Moderators
I have noted since posting that my display is failing in other applications, and rebooting always clears it up.

A screenshot would help! Here's instructions on how to post a screenshot if you need help doing that.

It could be your display card drivers too, so updating them may help. Note: If you start playing around with display drivers make a system restore point before doing anything with them!