2.27 not finding registry issues.

CCW

I am running WinXP SP3. When I used an older version of CCleaner (2.21), it always found some registry issues after uninstalling a program. The new version (2.27) does not.

Just an example. I uninstalled Yahoo Messenger, and then ran an older verion of CCleaner (2.21). It found a lot of unused registry issues releated to Yahoo Messenger. Deleting them worked fine. If I reinstall and uninstall Yahoo Messenger again, and run the new version of CCleaner (2.27), it finds nothing in the registry. I can go into the registry and see them.

If I uninstall the new version of CCleaner (2.27), and install an older version (2.21), it finds the Yahoo Messenger registy issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CCW

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CCW

That just because you do a scan dont mean there going to always be issues? Iv known ppl to remove MBAM just because it dont find a threat.

No fate but what we make

Thanks for the answers so far. let me give a specific example.

After Yahoo Messenger is uninstalled, there is a Registry entry for Yahoo Messenger under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo Messenger

The older CCleaner removed this entry, the new CCleaner does not.

CCW

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the answers so far. let me give a specific example.

After Yahoo Messenger is uninstalled, there is a Registry entry for Yahoo Messenger under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo Messenger

The older CCleaner removed this entry, the new CCleaner does not.

CCW

I also found many old entries, specially from hotfix and patches... they are making references to temp files that do not exist anymore, like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{2750B389-A2D2-4953-99CA-27C1F2A8E6FD}\InstallSource

Data: c:\076ee9b6da8e86353e6f368b383feff5\Setup\

I think CCleaner developers should work more on this... do you know? I complained about a problem using winapp2.ini file, which made CCleaner too slow and didn't find all files I wanted to delete (recursion was not working well)... many said in this forum that there was no problem with recursion, and that slow speed was because using winapp2.ini. In Version 2.28 all this was fixed... who was right?