PS3 cracked!

marmite

• Moderators

I could care less except for one thing:

PS2 and PSP games suck online because of all the hacks and stuff that people use to cheat online. If this hack ruins online games on PS3 that will really ruin it. Luckily I have a xbox too and rarely game online on PS3, but the few games I do play, I wont any more.

• Moderators
I see he`s made it able to play PS2 games that`s something quite good and what Sony should have done themselves my poor Lara C is stuck in PS1 and PS" !!

I have on older 60 GB PS3 model that does play PS2 games. The funniest thing though is I don't like playing PS2 games on a PS3 with all it's converting stuff it's just too much of a pain sometimes to remember to reconfigure it for a particular game. And one game in particular has piss poor sound on my PS3 and that's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

And one game in particular has piss poor sound on my PS3 and that's Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

Ouch. Personally I think it's time for a new world era in gaming systems. One that boasts openness and homebrew. There are ways to secure commercial games besides completely closing the systems. Think of how much more people would buy and use these systems if they allowed this. PSP is a good example. It would be praised for allowing custom applications and games to run on it. But no, they have to secure it like Knox. Then some cool person finds a way through anyway and the companies look stupid. From that point the companies focus on closing the systems instead of adding new features. Of course any patches they release are good for a day or two before they get hacked again.

This leads to what rridgely mentioned. Cheaters thrive while gamers have to suffer. If they focused on opening the PS4/Xbox720 while securing copyrighted games much less people would try to hack the games because there would be less demand for it. What most people would want would already be there.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• Moderators

I could absolutely careless if Sony ever made the PS3 "open," or whatever PS# eventually replaces it.

"Open" is going to allow for issues not even seen on the system such as buggy software, viruses, etc., cheating online gamers would be the least of the issues.

The crap that constantly plagues Windows systems and other OSes in my opinion doesn't need to be in a gaming console/set top box possibly effing it up. With the way it is know if something effs it up it's Sony's fault via their software update to the PS3 OS.

Sony has made it relatively easy to "install other OS" the only problem is they don't mention much of anything about it, which is probably a good thing after reading about how slow Ubuntu runs on a PS3 which is why I've never bothered with it, which actually squashed a several years dream of having my gaming console as my main system for everything; computing, gaming, and entertainment.

Sony does not forbid users from playing PS2 games on the PS3. It doesn't work because they replaced the chip in later models that made it possible, because it was too much costly to manufacture.

The hacker only made it possible to install PS2 emulators, which are plagued with compatibility glitches and bugs.

• Moderators

After reading up on the newly redesigned PS3 slim I see they've removed the ability to "Install other OS." Although I wish I had waited since it's also supposed to be quieter without the fans blasting loudly like my old 60 GB model does, as well consume less electricity.

• Moderators
I can simulate a jet taking off with my 360.

My PS3 sounds like a whole airport full of them. That and the heat from the PS3 with my HDTV combined are enough to make my very small AV room run at least 5 degrees warmer than surrounding rooms. The AV room gets so hot I have to turn everything off and leave it while it cools off.