partitioning help

beatlebryce

I have Windows 7 64-bit. I have one physical hard drive set with 2 partitions, C, which is my primary partition, and D. I'm trying to put more space on C, taking it from D, so I took 9GB from D. I have Paragon Partition Manager 9 pro, EASEUS Partition Master 4.1.1 Pro, and still no closer to getting it done. With paragon, it cant do the 'restart' command, so I'm unable to do anything, and with easeus the option to 'expand' my C drive is greyed out. I can only minimise the capacity. Anyone know how I can get those 9gb of free space onto C?

I'm not very familiar with these tools but ...

If I understand you correctly you have already successfully managed to reduce D by 9Gb?

If that's the case, then (and apologies if this is an obvious question but I don't know how familiar you are :)) did you reclaim the space on D by moving the beginning of the partition? I.e. you haven't just taken 9Gb from the end of D, thus leaving C unable to expand? If that's the case you also need to 'slide' the D partition to the end of the drive this leaving space for C to expand. I'm assuming with your comment on Paragon's behaviour this isn't the case, but just wanted to check :)

Additionally, I notice you have Pro versions of these pieces of software. Do they have paid-for support or support forums that you could take advantage of?

I don't know, but either of those tools should give you a way of just moving the D partition across (e.g. drag-n-drop in the GUI or similar) thus giving you the room to enlarge C. Those two actions would then be executed in that order.

Actually, I fixed it. Once I realised I had to take the space and have it adjacent to C:, I re-added that space I took out first, then took it back out but this time from the front (making a block of free space in between C and D). From there I was able to add it to C and now I'm all set. Thanks for all the help, and hopefully this has helped out more people.