Defraggler v1.16

MrG

• Admin

dflogo.png

The big news for Defraggler v1.16 is that it now comes in a native 64-bit .EXE file. For you techy types (or those interested in the tech), this means that Defraggler will now run more efficiently, regardless of whether you're on a 32-bit version of Windows or a 64-bit version.

There's no need to worry about which version to choose - the installer will automatically install the correct version of Defraggler for your system. The result is a faster, more compatible Defraggler!

Download Defraggler now!

Here's the full list of changes:

• New native 64-bit EXE.
  • Defrag engine improvements to take advantage of 64-bit code.
  • Fixed Vista and Windows 7 repaint issue when language was changed.
  • Improved moving routine for small orphaned files.
  • Added support for Danish, Slovak, Chinese (Simplified) and Vietnamese languages.
  • Lots of small tweaks and improvements.

Download Defraggler today at www.piriform.com/defraggler. While you're there, consider signing up for the Piriform newsletter, our spam-free way of letting you know when we've got new software and new versions of existing software.

View the full blog post

Three weeks ago I managed to break my Test Windows 7 PC, hardware issue, 5 year old HD. So a rebuild was very smartly performed. Since the rebuild I had not got around to "defragging" the unit which I usually do once all the apps have been installed.

Following MrG's announcement re "Defraggler v1.16" I downloaded and installed and ran the new version SW, the results speak for itself.

Test box is: 5 year old P4 CPU 2.80GHz (Hyperthreading), 1.5GIG PC3200 DDR RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video Card, Windows 7, Home Premium, nothing special. 309GB WDC IDE HD, 240GB free, 10.8GB fragmented (27%), 351 files, 2,679 total fragments. 9GB of those files were a mixture of .avi & .VOB.

Defraggler v1.16 took 27 seconds to report the above results and only 49 minutes to complete defragmentation.

Given the amount of video & movie capture / editing, DIVX processing & intensive graphics work I push through this test PC, I consider less than 1 hour to defrag the PC is a job well done, thanks to Piriform. I have no hesitation in recommending this SW to my friends.

Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Good news re v1.16, but I note that v1.16 is not available yet on the alternative builds page [i like to put the Portable version on a USB Flash drive]. OK, I realise that now you have both 32 and 64 bit versions, you would need to distinguish these either within one archive or have separate archives for the portable version(s). Nevertheless, portable versions would be welcome (thanks) ! :D