What good is Defraggler?

Chunker

I've been using Defraggler for about a month now and really can't see what good it does? For example, I will start it, it will show defrag at 18 or so percent. I allow it to defrag and it just stays at 18 percent. Fragmented files are shown in the file list, but if I try to defrag them it does absolutely nothing. Yet if I use Windows defrag, it tells me my fragmentation is at zero percent. It seems this program accomplishes nothing. Am I doing something wrong????

Run an analysis and then click some of the red blocks. Are they System Volume Information files? These are mostly System Restore files that can't be defragged, but Defraggler reports them anyway. Also, the Windows defragger normally only reports fragments smaller than 64 MB, so when it says 0% that doesn't include anything over 64 MB.

After you defrag, you should have a block of blue squares across the top without any red. If you have a lot of red in this area something's wrong. The System Volume Information files should be separate somewhere below the blue.

OK, I did what I was told here. Did another defrag. Again, it started at 18 percent. After the defrag, all were blue except for one red block 2nd from the left. Clicking on that block told me there were 99 files in that block. On looking at the files the majority were photo files (jpeg's), my music files (mp3's) and music video files. Now why is defraggler not defragmenting those type of files?????????? Still not convince this program does anything at all, but point out files that are defragmented.