Delete to Recycle Bin

VeEuzUKY

I would second that suggestion -- a good idea that shouldn't be too hard to implement. Have thought about this idea many times over the past couple years -- it would be a nice safety net.

Yes, precisely, an extra safety net. Ive deleted stuff I really didnt look so closely to that if I still had them in the recycle bin I could recover. It would be a great feature to implement.

• Moderators

As long as it is an option and NOT the default then . . . sure why not +1

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

You would have to restrict such an option to say Custom Files only. I can't see the point of saving many thousands of temp files to the recycler, and repeating that each time CC is run. The default would have to be on, or else there would be posters saying 'I need a file and it's been deleted with the standard settings!' With it on, of course, they would say 'I ran CC and didn't gain any space!' It would cause confusion with secure file deletion. It would mislead those who thought they were deleting sensitive files. If your pc played up you wouldn't know which file to reinstate anyway.

I've never been bothered with the stuff that CC deletes. It doesn't delete any vital files unless the user is, shall we say, wayward.

You would have to restrict such an option to say Custom Files only. I can't see the point of saving many thousands of temp files to the recycler, and repeating that each time CC is run. The default would have to be on, or else there would be posters saying 'I need a file and it's been deleted with the standard settings!' With it on, of course, they would say 'I ran CC and didn't gain any space!' It would cause confusion with secure file deletion. It would mislead those who thought they were deleting sensitive files. If your pc played up you wouldn't know which file to reinstate anyway.

I've never been bothered with the stuff that CC deletes. It doesn't delete any vital files unless the user is, shall we say, wayward.

100% agree here. Cant see any point of it as stated above with custom files and folders.

No fate but what we make

We need an option to delete/clean files to the Recycle Bin! Long overdue option! Thank you!

I don't bother deleting with Recycle Bin - I let CCleaner do it at the end of each day. Please detail the advantages of implementing. :mellow: We would then have to delete files from the Recycle Bin after using CCleaner?