need help real bad

georgetony

thought i knew what i was doing. followed the prompts.trying to retrieve my music collection.afterusing the recuva i went looking for my music. and could not find it anywhere. then a bubble showed up on the task bar saying my recovery E: hard drive is now full. it directed me to use disk clean up. i went to it.there was nothing to clean up. im an idiot. i dont know what to do. is there a way to fix this? can some one help me please.

First of all - this should be in the Recuva forum. If I'm interpreting your post correctly, you reinstalled Vista on your PC, and then realized your music hadn't been backed up. Honestly, there's a good chance you will not be able to get it back. If the drive was formatted, and then had Vista reinstalled, it is most likely you will not be able to get your music files back. The files most likely got written over and will be unrecoverable at this point.

AJ

Wot CTskifreak said.

As a general comment, not just to the OP ... backing up personal data (as opposed to system files) whether it be music, documents, pictures ... anything that is 'yours' should ALWAYS be backed up before doing something like this. Hell it should be backed up anyway!

If you haven't got space then beg, borrow or buy some but DON'T leave it to chance that it will just 'be there' afterwards or that you'll be able to get it back!