Can I keep one cookie?

Stephen Green

• Moderators

Hi Stephen, and welcome to Piriform.

Yes, log onto the site and then close your browser, launch CCleaner and look in "Option\Cookies" for that particular cookie under "Cookies To Delete".

Move it over to the right pane, "Cookies To Keep".

If it doesn't appear in that left pane, post back.

Thanks, Dennis!

It worked perfectly.

Stephen

Hi Stephen, and welcome to Piriform.

Yes, log onto the site and then close your browser, launch CCleaner and look in "Option\Cookies" for that particular cookie under "Cookies To Delete".

Move it over to the right pane, "Cookies To Keep".

If it doesn't appear in that left pane, post back.

• Moderators

The only cookies which show up in my Firefox but not in CCleaner are the ones already in the "Cookies To Keep" window.

Which obviously isn't the reason in your case.

Try unchecking "Adobe Flash Player" in "CCleaner\Applications\Multimedia", and see if that retains your login details to whichever site it is.

If that works, post back and we'll see if we can isolate that particular cookie so as to keep cleaning over Flash Player stuff.

EDIT: The name of the cookie may help, which you can either post or pm me with, as we all like our privacy.

The only cookies which show up in my Firefox but not in CCleaner are the ones already in the "Cookies To Keep" window.

Which obviously isn't the reason in your case.

Try unchecking "Adobe Flash Player" in "CCleaner\Applications\Multimedia", and see if that retains your login details to whichever site it is.

If that works, post back and we'll see if we can isolate that particular cookie so as to keep cleaning over Flash Player stuff.

EDIT: The name of the cookie may help, which you can either post or pm me with, as we all like our privacy.

Dennis, I tried your fix and it did not keep any of my login details for any of the sites. Additionally, it didn't keep any of my other cookies. So for example, for tvguide.com, it does not remember my provider, or for harristeeter.com it does not remember my "home store." It used to be that I could see all of my cookies within firefox and choose which ones I wanted to keep. Now, that is just not an option. :(

• Moderators

OK, I thought they may have been flash cookies but now I know they're not.

I've accessed both those sites, and I get both cookies in CCleaner, so there's a reason why I get them and you don't:

7XG9Gs.png

It's late here in the UK, so I'll have a look at possibilities tomorrow unless one of the other guys has a fix for you in the meantime.

:)

EDIT: This is with CCleaner 2.26.1050, and Firefox 3.5.3.

OK, I thought they may have been flash cookies but now I know they're not.

I've accessed both those sites, and I get both cookies in CCleaner, so there's a reason why I get them and you don't:

7XG9Gs.png

It's late here in the UK, so I'll have a look at possibilities tomorrow unless one of the other guys has a fix for you in the meantime.

:)

EDIT: This is with CCleaner 2.26.1050, and Firefox 3.5.3.

I can't tell you why, but after receiving your post, I was inspired. So I uninstalled CCleaner again, restarted, and reinstalled CCleaner. Now I am seeing them. Yeah!! Thanks, you rock. :)