Chrome OS released !

abu aufa

I'm glad its fake, cause in the screenshots it looks way to much like just ubuntu with chrome installed...

I expect Google to make it at least look like a different OS, even if it is linux based....

fireryone

what about google chrome. I heard there was privacy issues with it but doesnt google incognito solve those problems? with incognito doesn't nothing get recorded that you do by anyone unless you have malware?

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators
I heard there was privacy issues with it but doesnt google incognito solve those problems? with incognito doesn't nothing get recorded that you do by anyone unless you have malware?

There's no such thing as "privacy" on the web, malware infected or not!

• Moderators
This might work as a OS for certain devices, but never as a main desktop/laptop.

Too crippled.

Your words rang very loudly this morning, in particular "too crippled" as the news illogically stated "the end of the hard disk" when referring to Google's new OS.

There's no such thing as "privacy" on the web, malware infected or not!

yea but whats incognito for isn't it to surf the net without any traces.

I heard in normal mode google records everything your doing including keystrokes compared to incoginto mode which nothing is recorded is this correct?

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

Here's Link to the VMWare. Have fun!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

After downloading and installing, all I can say is this thing will not make it.

Let me explain. First, when you first turn it on, you will get a log on screen. In order to log on, your computer must be connected to the internet. When I first set it up in a VM, I did not setup the internet portion to see if it would let me check it out. No go. To log in, it is your gmail login info and password.

Once I added internet access to this and signed on, all I can say is slow because it is loading everything from the internet and if you do not have a fast connection, which sometimes on wifi, it can be slow.

As of right now, I can not see this OS replacing linux or windows on a netbook unless it is changed to allow sign on while not connected to the internet.

Simplicity is hard.